xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
friso

10 Or 50 Posts? thats what is says on the main page...

hey!when you go to Xisto.com, you get this screen with a giant plug in the middle-top of your screen, and right under it, the two different packages are explained - webspace, bandwith, some more specifications and what you need for it.there, it still says you need 10 good posts for the starter package, and 50 for the bigger one... but posts didn't count anymore, did they? it was all depending on the Hosting Credits, right?waiting for a reply, :)friso

No, it depends on your posts and the quality of them. If your qualities are good, you won't even need to have 50 posts, just something close. Hosting credits only affect how long you can remain inactive. When you request hosting, prepare to have your hosting credits reset to 3 or 5, though.

No, it depends on your posts and the quality of them. If your qualities are good, you won't even need to have 50 posts, just something close. Hosting credits only affect how long you can remain inactive. When you request hosting, prepare to have your hosting credits reset to 3 or 5, though.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ok this had/has me very confused, I thought Nils told me it was 10 credits for starter and 50 for standard package...but if it's posts, then I need to change my app for hosting ... :):)

Oh... Uh... I thought that what I said was what MS^E, NilsC and OpaQue told me in the past... I dunno if it's changed or not... It's all kinda confusing now...

The requirements are changed so 10 hosting credits is the starte package and 50 hosting credis is the default package.The old way was 10 and 50 posts, we did away with that because people complained about the minimum post length etc. Now we look at the quality and the quantity of a post if a user can say it in a sentence that's OK, but if there is a lot of "I agreee" "I disagree" and stupid posts that are just posted to get the count up... delete the post after you warn the user. When you delete the post hosting credits are removed.Don't delete the first post in any tread, set it invisible and let me know, I have to manually remove hosting credits from the first post in a tread. :)Great job today, thanks everyone for helping out. :)Nils

yeah, ok, i know it was all about hosting credits now instead of posts... what i really meant was: shouldn't the site the updated, cause new members might be confused... or did you already update it Nils?? maybe it's just me, i cuold bee dixlestick, add reed pots instad ov creddit's... :) :)

[late reaction]with the new packages, the html files are edited, they had to be edited anyway, because you now only need 30 credits for the default package(good thing bytheway!) and now it's all rightjust telling :P[/late reaction]

But I don't get how hosting credits have anything to do with getting hosted. I think of them as more of a timer to make sure you stay active. I have around 100 posts but only 7 hosting credits. I don't see how having 50 hosting credits is necessary to be able to upgrade. Its not like I don't have quality posts. Its just that I take my time and find threads that pertain to my interests and dont' post random stuff in a thread that I have know idea what is being talked about.

But I don't get how hosting credits have anything to do with getting hosted. I think of them as more of a timer to make sure you stay active. I have around 100 posts but only 7 hosting credits. I don't see how having 50 hosting credits is necessary to be able to upgrade. Its not like I don't have quality posts. Its just that I take my time and find threads that pertain to my interests and dont' post random stuff in a thread that I have know idea what is being talked about.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

well, if you are not hosted yet, you need 50 (or 10 for the starters package) hosting credits - link #1.

f you are hosted, they need to stay above 0 - link #2.

and the first word in hosting credits is hosting - link #3

:P

I thought that 50 posts was a rough estimate as to how many posts you need to get 30 credits. So as not to confuse visitors who don't know about the hosting credits before they join.

Personally i don't think ur post count really has anything to do with ur hostign credits, i mean you could have only 12 or something but they are really really detailed and aren't just spam and contribute alot to get 30 hosting credits, it all depends on post size not count really.