xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
SingleDaddyof2

Cpanel: Hotlink Protection Question

Hmmm.... have you tried refreshing the page? I'm looking at my site in Firefox, Opera, Netscape and IE and none of them show my website with the images (Hotlink Protection is still enabled).

That's what I saw too when I clicked the link you posted 40 minutes ago. But then I refreshed it and the images began to disappear. I've also noticed in my FTP client that there's a WWW folder that has the same files as my public_html file. Could this have something to do with my problem? Gotta go to sleep now. See you tomorrow and thanks!

nope, everything you put in the public_html folder is hotlinked to the www folder. I'm using both links fo your page and I see all pictures, even after multiple refreshes.I posted the link in PM to see if we can get some second or third opinions here :)Nils

Thank you, the hotlink protection is still on. Because the images that I hotlinked from his site say "User Posted Image" in a couple of the previous posts. The image show up everytime he turns hotlink off.Anyone know why we can see the site correct and not the creator? could that be a setting with his ISP? Why would he loose a few pictures every refresh and not all at once?It confuses the daylight out of me. :)Nils

Good news! I figured what the problem was. It was a setting in my ZoneAlarm 4 firewall software. I went into the ZA Control Center-->Privacy-->Site List and found my site in the Site List. I changed the Private Header setting from "Disallow" to "Allow" and then refreshed my webpage. Lo and behold there's my images--and now I also enjoy Hotlink Protection. Boy, am I glad. Thanks for all your help Nils. When you said you could still see all the images, even after refreshing, I kinda figured it was one of software settings. I'll have to remember this solution in case someone else runs into this problem.