xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
backflipkid

Cracks And Mods

Not all cracks are illegal. for example, if you lost ur registration code but you have the disc, its legal to get someone elses cd code or get a new one because you have the disc. illegal is a bootleg disc off the internet,torrents or copy of shareware(trial)and cracked to make into a full(ex. adding extra files off the inter net and cross refering then to the disc or folder.-Joshott

is it like this?

Cracks And Mods

Replying to harriko

Like my alien shooter vengeance,I bought a copy thehn once I have finished installing it,it says an error like wrong cd,then I found a no-cd crack,its like I just replace the exe file though,now how is that legal?

-reply by Renz John

Mods are IllegalCracks And ModsMods for any game are illegal UNLESS they were made directly by the developers, or if you were given permission by the game developers to use such mods. (The Halo Editing Kit for Halo: Custom Edition) Mods that are clearly illegal are: Cracks, aimbots, and exploits (Teamswap Exploit for Halo Trial). Mods that should be legal, but are not are: Texture modifications (HaloMapTools) and anti-cheating mods (SightJacker for Halo). Although these cause no harm to the gaming community, they are illegal because they are modifying the developers' source code.-reply by §Þéçtrè

No they arenCracks And ModsHonestly I would suggest looking up information before asking a forum because you will never get a clear answer on any forum and be left out in the cold, still wondering which is which.  But to be perfectly honest no, Mods are -and-O-T- illegal.  Cracks are because they will open up the entire program for you.  A mod is what it suggests, to modify something.  Like mods to the Sims2, Oblivion, etc.  They are not illegal (Why would EA & Bethesda then come out with separate sites helping modder communities??) and shouldn't be worried about.  Again I cannot stress enough how important it is to look up information for yourself (seeing as you're on the net right now it can't be that hard...) before ever ever asking a forum.  Cause then you get people who say utterly ridiculous statements such as "Both are illegal".  Which is just totally uninformed.  -reply by dunworryaboutit

No they arenCracks And Mods

Honestly I would suggest looking up information before asking a forum because you will never get a clear answer on any forum and be left out in the cold, still wondering which is which.  But to be perfectly honest no, Mods are -and-O-T- illegal.  Cracks are because they will open up the entire program for you.  A mod is what it suggests, to modify something.  Like mods to the Sims2, Oblivion, etc.  They are not illegal (Why would EA & Bethesda then come out with separate sites helping modder communities??) and shouldn't be worried about.  Again I cannot stress enough how important it is to look up information for yourself (seeing as you're on the net right now it can't be that hard...) before ever ever asking a forum.  Cause then you get people who say utterly ridiculous statements such as "Both are illegal".  Which is just totally uninformed.  

-reply by dunworryaboutit

Mods are not illegal. For an example why would valve allow people put up mods of theyr games on they store (without an price ofc its one of theyr rules) sometimes not for only theyr games but for other company games too. I don't really think mods are illegal. They said that mods are not illegal unless they modify the game's dll's (Hacks usually do that)

-reply by iGuest