xisto Community
hihihihi88

Error 406 - Problem In My Phpbb Forum Actually a problem with Apache

When I post the message in my forum contant the word "system" it can't work and said the HTTP error 406.

I add three Mod :
attach mod 2.3.11 , cash mod 2.2.2 , pay money mod 1.0.7

phpBB verison 2.0.12

my forum http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

and then I also setup a model forum by cPanel , the error of posting also occur

->http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

the model forum havent adding any mod

what is the problem ...?

:)

Okay the problem is caused by the word "system" being confussed by the script as being part of the script. You'll need to add a regular expression to hide that word from the script and make it reappear for the user viewing the post.

You may be able to use addslashes() and stripslashes() to solve the problem.

I'm not familiar with Phpbb's code so I can't really specify where to adjust you code.

Here are examples of hiding the "bad" word.

Regular Expressions Example:

$unformatted_message = "My PHP doesn't like the word system!";$formatted_message = eregi_replace("system", "sys_tem", $unformatted_message);
This code would change the message form "My PHP doesn't like the word system!" to "My PHP doesn't like the word sys_tem!"

since your Php script doesn't care about the word"sys_tem" you won't have a problem.

You will need to convert the message back when you show it to users.

Just do the opposite:

$formatted_message = "My PHP doesn't like the word sys_tem!";$unformatted_message = eregi_replace("sys_tem", "system", $formatted_message);
Now the code reads the same as when the user enterd it.

Additionally, addslashes() and stripslashes() probably won't fix your current problem but if the code doesn't have (It probably has) an addslashes() and a stripslashes() routine then many errors can pop up.

I chose sys_tem instead of _system because you would need more code to determine if the original word was System or system.

Hope this helps.

vujsa

It is so strange...if the script of the Mod causing the problem , why the model forum ( haven't add any Mod ) also can't post "system" ?if the script of the phpBB causing problem , but i can post "system" in other forum bluid up with phpBB...Thank you vujsa , but i think it is not the bad word setting... and i don't know what is the meaning of HTML error 406 , 406 stand for what??

All I can figure is that during the mod, something was corrupted or left out. This could be anything from a missing semi-colon to extra quotes.

My guess is that the during the mod, the original source files were edited so you could reinstall phpBB a million times and every time it would be corrupt.

I believe that you'll need to purge your copy of phpBB and download a fresh copy from the phpBB website and install from clean files. You shouldn't need to do anything with you MySQL databases or its tables, in fact, your settings may be intact after the purge.

Good luck, :)
vujsa

[EDIT]

By the way, here is a link to the Apache website containg a reference to the Error 406 message.

I didn't really understand but here it is.
http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

vujsa

i added a mod to my phpbb exactly to the instructions and it didn't work, i checked and checked and chekced again and it was right. But still my forums didn't work. I even restored my settings but the forums still came up with and error. I'm nt saying this will happen to you ,but i had to delte the mysql and upload it and the forums again. luckily it took me 5 mins to do all that which is peanuts compared to what it took to set up in the first place.

Its to do with the phpBB serach system it logs all words and the word "system" along with plenty others is called a MySQL stop word, MySQL uses stop words to stop servers becomming over loaded, phpBB's silly search method is at its mercy and this causes this to happen when you post the word. Breaking it up is all you can do.

This problem is definitely not to do with the systerm of phpBB, it's absolutely to do with the Xisto server, becuase on my Nucleus weblog and also on my invision power board version 1.3 it won't let me type the world syst-em either.

Can you help?

Error 406 - Problem In My Phpbb Forum

When I try to get in my forum I get this warning.

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.Mysql-connect]: Too many connections in /home/setbbco/public_html/phpbb/config/multiforums.Config.Inc.Php on line 10

Unable to connect to database on 'localhost' with user 'setbbco_forum'

Please check your settings in multiforums.Config.Inc.Php!

-question by simon