xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Dementour

Tony Hawks Series PS PS2 skateboarding game

I have played every Tony Hawk game. My favorite by far is Underground 1. I don't really like Underground 2 all that much because it seemed way too cartoony to me. They are all really good games, although they are extremely unrealistic. And Underground 2 was just too unrealistic for me, so if there is another one, I probably won't buy it.

Yes the games are fun and excting,but the graphics could be uped a little.I wonder if there is going to be another like t.h.u.g 3 or tony hawks pro skater 5 or 6 whatever it's up to because you never get tired of these games they're like classics but they are new it's amazing.But if they are making a new one neversoft should team up with ea because then it would be the top notch perfect game and everyone would buy it skater or nerd.I am also suprised no one has written about this topic too.

My thoughts exactly that no one has made a thread about this awesome series of games til now.I remember my mate having the first Tony Hawk on his PSX and we used to sit there for hours on end playing it winner stays on style! You had to get good at the game just to get a look in. I love the Pro skater games, but didnt really get into the T.H.U.G games. I think the second one was the best in my opinion, top notch game adn will be a skating classic in years to come. Looking forward to the new Tony Hawks coming out called "Tony Hawks Wasteland" have a look for it, its looks absoloutely awesome.Without a doubt THE best skating game to date.Do have to say though, Neversoft and Activision have done a great job of bringing the X games to the computer world. Matt Hoffman Pro BMX is also top of the league, Shaun Palmer Pro Snowboarder and Kelly Slater pro surfer have also been top games.

I played the first one only for a very short time. I played the second many times and i really liked the game. Three I never had, but played at friends house. I've never played the fourth one. Underground I played a little bit, and Underground 2 also, but I think the first ones are better. Now it's just more of the same, not new anymore.

Im pretty bad with these games but with a few days of playing non stop I start to get the hang of it. When I first played one of the first ones I liked it enough to stick with it. But Im not all that great so I kinda quit. I might go back to playing them since its been a while.

The only Tony Hawk game I've played is Underground 1, which I thought was rather good. The graphics were nice, and I loved all the different places. I only thought that the game was too short, you get addicted to it, and then it ends suddenly.

Yeah I much prefer the story modes for the Underground games. Cant see them making a third though but... we'll see. I think Underground had the best storyline and went on longer than the second. The second didnt have much of a storyline at all, it was just an excuse to set up some jackass-style antics ingame and the fmv sequences. It seemed that I completed this half the time than the original.

I dont really care much for the Pro Skater series as I believe they have ran their course. The reason why im sticking to Underground is, like i said, the storylines. I also like the innovation of getting off your board and climbing ladders and jumping over obstacles. When I play the Pro Skater games I keep thinking I can get off my board all the time.

Underground would have to be my favourite. The storyline seems pure and simple and makes me think 'how are they going to keep this going' as when you think its all over another twist will take over encouraging you to play for longer. Its all about 'you' in tonY undergrOU as you manage to get your way from a local skater to the championships with your friend Eric.

The environments are very creative and beautiful to look at. There are the occasional ugly backdrops that doesnt fit right whats around you but you wont pay any attention to that anyway. For some challenges, which is like the Pro Skater seriesas you go up to people for them to give you instructions, you can drive vehicles. Like one of them you have to avoid police cars as they time you, another one you have to wreck a car and drive it off the pier. I could only do this on easy, i suck if it was on any other option.

The second Underground is still just as fun and may be more funnier but the storyline starts off nicely but seems not to go anywhere. Basically your the main character from the Underground original, your doing tricks on a ramp infront of locals and all of a sudden a van pulls over. Two thugs come out and kidnap you. You wake with a group of other skaters that are just as clueless as you. It turns out to be Bam and Tony as they invite all of you on a round the world destruction tour. Basically the team who loses has to pay for the whole trip. You end up on Tonys Team. But you keep switching over thanks to Eric who starred as well in the original, but gets just as what he deserves. Thats it... Thats the storyline.

The graphics are a major improvement from the sunlight reflecting into the 'camera' to the grogeous to look at backdrops. The challenges are more wacky than the original, why not as this is supposed to be a slapstick game of humour. You can text messages through the missions, which are funny to read but rather pointless. Also you can now spray walls with your own signature, each charcter has their own. You can also tag walls with stickers. You will find more missions relies on climbings things. Every time you start a level, which are very nicely done, you will get a choice from skaters. You can then find characters through the missions, each having their own comical aspects. Example, one of them is Steve O which rides a mechanical bull, when you unlock him by finding him missions will be unlocked. You have to score certain amount of points by the challenges to go to the next level, which is why the characters you can unlock are there to help you out. Also each mission has something destructive which is the best thing I love about this game. However, they are very hard to find but worth your while after finding them. Example, one level has a bin set on fire, jump into it and your board will be on fire. Grind two cannons and you will set them alite causing them to shoot cannon balls to a building under construction and brings it down. This will leave behind carnage which you can skate across. This is very pointless but a hell lot of fun.

If you havent got the Underground games, or have one than the other, then make sure you get both of them now! As you wouldnt know what your missing.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/quote

very well explained actually :D I was thinking about trying it out, and now I'm sure I should :D Thanks for a nice review.

Dude the game is totally unrealistic...And the grafics ****...But its still a pretty cool game but there is no skating game on earth better than the game es skate...You should play it...Well peace out dawgy-reply by sean

i own Tony Hawks Pro Skater 3 for play station 2 and i played that game for years. i have never played any other tony hawks games maybe i will have to try the other games out to see if they are worth buying.Tony Hawks Pro Skater 3 has great multi-play options which kept me busy with friends.i am wondering if they have any of the tony hawks or underground games for the xbox 360 if you know the answer to this question please reply for me, Thanks!Tony Hawks 3

I used to play Tony Hawk on PC, but to tell the truth after some time, a month or two I got bored from playing it and I even didn't play it everyday, eventually I just got bored, maybe it's because I rather play adventure, strategy games instead. :)