xisto Community
harriko

The Bad Side Of .....google things you never heard

See its things like this that make me wanna stop using the internet cause i feel like one day some one is gonna steal valuable infortmation from me. Google is one of the most reliable sites and to think wat if that kind of information was sent to the wrong hands. I mean what if someone hacked into the google database and stole something. They could make all the files public and then we would all be screwed.

I wouldn't be screwed, because I don't put any information on the Internet that could be damaging to me if anyone else got it... Yeah, if you're putting personal information out there, then I would definitely stop using the Internet!

If it's a suprise to people that the internet keeps your data, then maybe you shouldn't be using the net. I mean really. O.K. maybe that was harsh, but why wouldn't they keep at least some of the information. They are a company trying to expand its horizions, a multi-billion dollar company at that. From day 1? Maybe some info, but, like others have said, it would take massive hdd's to keep that amount. If you put personal information out over the internet, you always put yourself at risk... to hackers. But I really don't think companies such as Google will do anything with it. I don't see any problems with them watching what I seach for. I use Google to search all the time, I hate the other search engines. I would get GMail, but don't have an invite. And also like others have said, don't always trust what you read on the web. Do you believe everything you see on T.V?

also theres cookies in your browser, so if you make a search on their search engine it tracks down what you search for and saves it!

<sarcasm>Uhoh!!! REALLY? :( I had NO idea that search engines could *gulp* :( SEE WHAT YOU SEARCHED!!!!! OMG!!!</sarcasm>

Wow, you actually think that's big news?? EVERY search engine (big and even to the tinyest) will log searches. I have a local search engine that logs the search query, date and time of the query, time it took for the search, and how many results popped up.

Also, Google couldn't POSSIBLY keep everything from day one without deleting. Honestly, eventually hard disks go bad and fail, old back-ups get destroyed or over-written, servers go down, etc. The only way Google could keep that much data was if they had a super data center with room for several HUNDRED TERABYTES! If not, several THOUSAND.

Well, I have a question for you: what about Yahoo? They have MORE services than Google, they FIRST offered free webmail, they have a ton of content. Maybe it's Yahoo we should worry about, not Google... sheesh... everyone always has to pick on the big company...

[N]F

I have seen this site before and, yes, google has done some dumb things. The only thing i don't get is why every company that makes more then $1,000 a month has to be harrassed. I am a very liberal person and i think it is horrible how much power lets say Pepsi has over the government, but China has it's own laws then they must follow those rules. I do not agree with them giving out your info at all, but if you really have something to hide maybe you should be caught. Who here is actually worried about Google going to "catch" you?

well they probably dont delete things because they probably like to keep an archive.theres nothing to worry about, its not like theyre actually going to read all of your deleted emails, they probably have an actual reason.i wouldnt usually go round finding out all these things about google anyway, its a search engine, just let it... do wotever it does.