xisto Community
Josh_Jpn

In The Beginning Technology Advancements

It's amazing how technology has advanced in the last few decades, I was watching some crappy 80's movie, don't remember the name, and a guy wipes one of those big 80's style cell out. He goes on about how much money he has and how he is one of the few with a cell phone. It was extremely fun. If you can remember, please write about funny or stupid pieces of technology you have seen.

I haven't really seen anything like that, but I do remember this one song that I heard once that has all these wonderful descriptions of this car dates '64... and that's old now...

Did u ever see a mac in the early 90's...With a 10' or so screen... and the 5 1/4 drive.. now that's something to laugh about!!!!That and it's "logo" software!!!!

There is a pile of gray junk beside the XP PC in the library. I didn't realize what it was until one day, I bumped it and it gave out a logo music. A Mac has turned on.Eww.

Funny that you should mention older movies...Indeed, the advances in technology have been incredible, but have the advances in computers really helped the special effects of movies?Looking back 12 years ago to 1993, Jurassic Park was first released. To me, this movie had some of the best special effects, and I think it still does. It seems that in this movie, the visual effects artists created a perfect balance of animatronics and computer graphics.Now, some of the newer movies' special effects are created using computers instead of actual people and animatronics. Sure, this does add a great deal of possibilities to the special effects industry, but you have to admit that some of these computer-generated effects look pretty cheesy (there are some exceptions, of course, like most of The Matrix or The Lord of the Rings trilogies). It seems movie makers are taking the cheap way out...why spend hundreds of thousands on animatronics when you could just do it on a computer and save a lot of money?I'm sure that the technology of computer-generated special effects will improve in the coming years, but for now I think that the movies rely too much on computer graphics.

if you ever listen to dire straits- money for nothing they talking about refirdgeators and colour TV's and that stuff was exactly new then but it was still a luxuray rather than a neccesity.

i remember doing some math with my dad at a sushi restaurant one night, and we concluded that memory has become either a billion times cheaper, or a trillion times, i don't remember which, in the last 20 years. it should be pretty close to that, what with that 18th month rule thing, expanded over 20 years. thats a lot of doublings and halvings.

I think its pretty cheesy when you see old movies where they simply fast-forward the footage to make it look like a person is runnuing really fast or something. The sad thing is that they sometimes still use it today!!! Its terrible!!!!!! Ive seen about three movies lately that were abosolutely APPALING. I think one was called "infested" (about flies that enter your body and turn you into a zombie), One was about a plague of infested rats or something (dont remember the name) and one was about an airport terminal that is being overtaken by aliens. All the movies are really low-budget with terrible computer-generated effects and appaling story-lines. All three movies are about a small group of people trying to beat the enemy and in the end, there is a scene where a few rasts crawl out of a hole or one alienm survives or some flies survive. As if anyone is going to make a sequal to these movies!!!! These movies went straight to Fox-tel (Australian cable tv) skipping the cinema and probably ideo/DVD too.

Hey just want to give a shout out to all my homies, SUP!!Yeah I was just watching Scream 3 when I saw a Cop pull out a sell phone and as he was punching in numbers the phone cracked like a booger!!You could so tell it was not real.-Cassandra St.Cyer

I think I have the worlds oldest gaming console here somewhere. It had two controllers that consisted of a stick and a button hardwired to the console, it had a cartridge a bit like a Super Nintendo, but that was also hardwired into the console (i.e. that was the only one you could ever use!!). And, one of the few games on that cartridge was pong. I'll see if can find it and post a pic.