xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
NilsC

If You Ever Wonder If There Is Life Outside... What I do when not playing...

Photography Nils.. I'm mad about that.. That's the only artistic acumen I got. Even though it developed through my own interest - or else you'd still find me spending 99% of the day staring into a monitor sitting in a cold, dark room - trying to figure out how the world works following an object oriented model :P It just happens to be photography that brought me out into open daylight (even though it pushed me back into the darkroom to a certain extent) - and I ground on and on - till I could see the clear imprints of the pictures shot by myself gradually fade in onto those photo papers.... that was simply worth it.... it's almost as good as seeing your kid being born right in front of your eyes.. By 12 I was a computer freak.. my dad & mom thought they'd never have to worry about me getting married to a "right girl" :P coz I had a wife already.. my pc !! In fact whoever came into my life would have to really FIGHT for a good share of my time & devotion, against my pc... lol.. that's what folks back at home always told me... My point is that, nobody ever taught me how to take pictures - I learnt it all on my own. I bought thousands of books on photography, read and studied about the methods in depth and then just went ahead and try to emulate the pictures in the books (to whatever extent I could).. Initially I wasted maybe (let me count.. errrr.. none less than 80-90 roll of 35mm films) - and even more when I started developing them on my own. But that was what ACTUALLY taught me what PHOTOGRAPHY was all about... it wasn't like you took 5 pictures and expected 4 of them to come out GOOD; it was more like you took 50 pictures and only 5 of them came out EXCELLENT.. that's what photography is all about.. In a way I am grateful, coz thats my only contact with the outside world :P I'm a pretty nocturnal creature and my day starts at 2 in the afternoon - ends on most days at around 5am.. I'm sure you know it by now...But whatever free time I get I'm out with my camera, either on camping or trekking -and in the process I developed a really good skill for landscape photography and portraiture.. My whole point in rambling on and on about this is: there's NOTHING that a human being CANNOT DO. It only takes a lot of time and perseverence - and primarily you got to realize where you INTEREST lies. Even though I can claim I'm pretty good at photography (sometimes I wonder why i didn't pursue a career in that) - now, having tried it all, I know where I'm going to DO GOOD and where I WON'T. You should never STOP YOURSELF from doing something you like (as long as you deem yourself to be in limits) coz, that's the ONLY way to figure out what you are good at and what you aren't... it's just this process of self-discovery that makes us HUMAN and different from every other cognizant species on this planet.. In conclusion I'd say that never FEAR to try anything and never HOLD YOURSELF BACK from doing something that you feel you're good at. That is the way of the humans and that is the way way to achieve the perfect balance in you... All the best :P P.S. God !! Where did I start off all and where did it all end !! Anyways, as they say, All's well that ends well :P May the light be with you !That reminds me - I gotta put in some pictures to go along with all the big words in here.. soon..tomorrow.. :P

Yeah, I like photography a bit too... Well, maybe more than a bit. I guess that's because my dad's a photographer. He's doing a research about Photo Illustration, but manipulating photos with photoshop is my hobbie :P. Also, I play soccer and table tennis. My dad played that too.

Personally, I play piano, and I found it's really been an aid to calming down. I also draw self portraits. Come to think of it, my life revolves around quiet activities, and art. Even though I focus on school the most.And how do you get the marquee under your username? (just a random question that I want to know the answer of)

I enjoy playing hockey, drinking.... alot of drinking, it helps me keep sane. I also like snowboarding, I try to go aleast 4 or 5 times a month. Other than that I work online, so a good majority of my time is spent staring in front of my computer.