xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
leiaah

What To Do When You Run Out Of Creative Juices..

Isn't it annoying when occasionally you find yourself staring at a blank adobe photoshop document and nothing that remotely resembles an inspiration comes to your head? It's as if your creative mind has gone on a hiatus and you are left with a brain that's gone dry.What do you do? Drink coffee? Rest awhile? Jog around your block?

Wow it's nice to know someone else also feels the same way as I do. :angry: I sometimes want to do something very nice, something like no one has ever done and I just keep sitting doing nothing. :blink:

Sitting there doing nothing is something new i guess... unless you do it everyday... :angry: well personally i dont have moments of creativity, i feel creative when i have an idea, i dont usually sit and wait for it to come. For me when the creativity hits then i start something but i dont look for it.

lol .. sitting there when you ran out of ideas is useless .. i would go for a bath or take a nap or do something i like .. like going out may be by this u will get some new ideas .. actually creativity wont come by itself ... creativity depends on how used you get to the photoshop and looking at other's work ..

i'm not really a photoshop person... i'm more of a fireworks type of guy. i like to just create random shapes and add different effects to them until its something i like. and then usually an idea will pop in my head of something to create out of it and then i go for it and vwala... i have a masterpeice

Usually I get back into that creative mood and get ideas after I've looked at other people's work (good or bad) and read tutorials. If I take my mind off of what I need to do I will get distracted with other things and never come back!

Isn't it annoying when occasionally you find yourself staring at a blank adobe photoshop document and nothing that remotely resembles an inspiration comes to your head?  It's as if your creative mind has gone on a hiatus and you are left with a brain that's gone dry.

What do you do?  Drink coffee?  Rest awhile?  Jog around your block?

57991[/snapback]

What you do is you go outside an' look at nature for a while, then you're inspired.

meditation helps calm you down if you're frustrated, even though meditation isn't supposed to be used selfishly.

also, reading a good book inspires me a lot.

This happens to me a LOT, when I stare at a blank screen and go, "Okay, brain, come up with something cool." And then nothing happens. The reverse is just as frustrating when I have an awesome idea to try out, and plan out exactly how I want to do it, when I'm nowhere near a computer. I find that if you do just the opposite, the creativity will flow again. Like if I want to work on a graphic and nothing is coming, then I work on text. If I need to do something textual, I stare at a picture until the words form. It's sort of like running the program somewhere in the background windows of your mind. If I don't think about it but just let it run, eventually it'll pop back up with some new idea my subconscious has figured out.That, or sleep helps. :angry:

Whenever I lose my creative jiuces, i always go to a good photoshop tutorial site. a few to mention:good-tutorials.comtutorialoutpost.comthe tutorials there spark up some ideas for me, and it always give me a wonder new idea, if im still stcuk, i'll usually try out a tutorial there.

Oh god i had that exact same feeling, i don't know what to create anymore, i've created about everything. There's only so much a program like adobe can do - so i got bored of it and the simpleness and i moved on to 3ds as some of you may know. I am happily creating 3d images which impress me and the overall effect is nicer. Of course i can incroporate some of the images in adobe. Adobe was once no. 1 but now is no. 2.