xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
harriko

New Official Xp Theme

Yeah, windowblinds really sucks... Even if you register it (in whatever method you follow), it will suck up resourcecs....I have always been dissapointed with the lack of a real selection of skins... I can't even see how they'd get away with claiming more than one... OOh, blue or silver... blah

Actually WindowBlinds has improved quite a bit. It used to use API calls to override the window decorations but now that WinXP has it's own theming engine I think it uses it instead. Much faster. I don't notice any performance change when using WindowBlinds on my machine. The only thing it adds is whatever Microsoft's theming engine uses and the little amount it takes to put the icon in the system tray, and I believe you can disable that although I'm not sure (in linux now :P). I remember back in the day WindowBlinds sucked away alot of resources, but they've improved a lot recently. On most modern machines there is very little to no performance decrease from using WindowBlinds. If you really wanted a customizable interface you'd use linux anyways. :P

Did I miss out something? I did everything the steps the link gave me...Or am I supposed to reboot my computer twice to see the results?Sorry guys but this is supposed to come with a picture but somehow, both Photobucket and Imageshack just won't upload it...but well, I see two Windows XP styles but they're both the same.

Did I miss out something? I did everything the steps the link gave me...Or am I supposed to reboot my computer twice to see the results?

Sorry guys but this is supposed to come with a picture but somehow, both Photobucket and Imageshack just won't upload it...but well, I see two Windows XP styles but they're both the same.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I had that same problem at first too. When I had a look at the drop down list and saw the 2 Windows XP styles in the list, I left the already highlighted option selected and checked the colour schemes available. I couldn't see Royale in there so I then selected the other Windows XP option from the drop down list. When I checked the colour schemes again, expecting to see the option Rolyale there, it wasn't there. I was quite confused, but went back and again selected the other Windows XP option that was originally highlighted. This time when checking the colour schemes drop down menu, the Royale theme had shown up, thank god. I guess it just takes a little playing around with, and if it doesn't show up at all, I think rebooting your computer would fix the problem. If you followed all the steps correctly it should work, at least it did for me.

Hope this helps.

That new theme looks better than this current theme. I'm going to download it....

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I can guarantee you will not be disappointed. Although the changes are only so subtle, they make a huge difference. It makes Windows look a lot more professional so you no longer feel like you are using a childs OS. It looked some what cartooney and baby-ish in some way, but the new theme fixes all that. Anyway, have fun with your new theme, and if you have any problems feel free to post here and ask.

it looks pretty from the screenshot in one of the earlier posts though i won't be downloading it as my windows xp is set up to "classic" because i like navigating around a plain and simple style.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Have you ever really tried using the XP theme? It really isn't that much different to the classic style... but hey it's your PC and you're the one using it, so if you prefer the old style then by all means use it. But if you want your desktop to look nice, it ain't a big hassle to get used to the new style. And even if you aren't going to use the new theme now, it may be worth downloading it anyway, just in case you decide later on to use the XP style and you'll have that nicer looking theme there waiting.