xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
hihihihi88

Question On phpBB2

Can I know the password of the user?I can't find it in the control pannel...I have check it in mysql, but i don't know where contain the password data...Or ,any MOD can help us to easy to know the user's password ?

You can only see a coded version of your users paswords, which cannot be decoded, even not by the Pentagon! Another possibilty is to change a users pasword to another pasword, which you know. That would allow you to go into the account of that user, but he will notice that is pasword has been changed!

Not necessarily. You CAN decode them. You just need to know how to manipulate and read hexadecimal values. Either way, finding the hexadecimal code for your user's password is fairly simple.

1.) Access phpMyAdmin

2.) Open the database for your forum

3.) Locate the table called "[your database's prefix]_users" (The prefix will usually be phpbb_ unless you changed it during installation)

4.) Click the "Browse Tab"

5.) Locate the row of the user you are looking for

6.) Locate the colum titled "user_password" There, you will see a hexadecimal code for that user's password. Now, it is encrypted, so I can't tell you how to break the encryption algorithm, but I would think it would be fairly simple to decode the hexadecimal coding.

Have fun breaking the encryption algorithm!

Oh, and by the way, why would the Pentagon want to hack a phpBB 2 database?

yes Admiral Lyoko Samus has right it can be decoded, the password in phpbb are stored in md5 hashing format, if the user has a 4 characters lenght you can deconde in few hours with a normal p4 2500 or athlon, if the user has 5 some weeks 24/7 and if they have a 6 characters, say good byes, maybe can take more than you can live ;) .

Or if you are so interested in decode md5 hashing you can visit http://passcracking.com/ here this guys in some hours can decode your hash, of course if you paid.

greets
Deivid