xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Shogi

Metal Gear Solid 3 One of the best games I have ever played

I just got finished with this game and wow, it was really impressive. There were some parts that seemed almost like you were supposed to play them while on mind altering substances, specifically the part where you have to get past The Sorrow...all in all it is a very intense game...WELL WORTH THE MONEY. Also in other news, I heard they have started working on MGS4 for the PS3...I can't wait.

I'm glad you all enjoyed the game, Although I heard that Metal Gear Solid 3 is the end of the metal gear series... They even came up with parodies on the Metal Gear Solid website via the japanese website... It was really funny and also cool...

I hope that i can revive this thread...I have been playing metal gear since the third in the series, metal gear solid. I played it to death, and unlocked all items and such. Since then, i have done the same with Metal gear solid 2: Sons of liberty. And this year, when Snake eater was released, i did the same also. I love these games. they are part of my life. And now, with the announcement of MGS3 Subsistence (kind of a directors cut) with online multiplayer, and the original MSX Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2:Solid snake, and Metal Gear Solid 4 for PS3, the series is looking stronger than ever.

*Spoilers* (read it if u understand the plot coz i have some questionsdude thats awesome...i didnt know what ocelot was there..do u have like a clip coz i want to see it..i dont want to replay the entire game to see just that scene eh..plzz...o ya technically ocelot is a bad buy now...if u know what i mean....correct me if im wrong though....neways do u guys have some more unseen thingy's like the ocelot deal???maybe i missed something.......O ok well were talkin metal gear here so im gonna ask some questions ok? plz answer them if u know the answer....In metal gear 2..was rose a AI?? this is wat i understand with that whole mess at the end...so rose is human right???i mean she turned Ai after colonel told you she was being kidnapped right???And secondly..she is a spy right???

This is an awesome game. I just completed it last week and I must say the cutscenes and the ending were some of the best I've ever seen in a video game and the way they blended seamlessly with the game action was also very awe-inspiring.

Oh yes, Metal Gear Solid 3 is one of the best games out there. I think it beats Metal Gear Solid 2, but nothing can beat Metal Gear Solid 1. MGS3 has spectacular graphics, stunning gameplay, and my favorite, the wide variety of weapons. It takes place during the Cold War, which gave me the enthusiasm to research the Cold War. This game gave a whole new perspective on MGS and the Cold War. Big boss is a pimp compared to clone Snake. i also like the ability to eat for life, and the story is amazing. I love every part of this game.

Metal Gear Solid 3 is one my favorite games...well actually ive always loved the MGS franchise since MGS1. The best moment of MGS3 that I recall is the battle at the end. The stage was just beautiful..jaw-dropping...and the action between you and the final boss makes you feel like your in a John Woo movie. The ending afterwards was incredible too. Out of all cinematics from the 3 games I liked what Snake Eater had to offer.I can't wait for MGS4!

If you think Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater is the best game ever then you've obviously haven't played it. The reason I think Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater sucks is:One: Tactical Espionage is the worst genre you can make a game in. Obviously, Hideo Kojima didn't understand that concept.Two: The four cobras are so easy to beat. The fiery cobra member can be beaten with a knife.Three: Shagohod? WTF?!! The graphics are good, I'll give it that but in actual gameplay, it isn't as exciting as I thought it would be. The last thirty minutes are a blast and I forgot to mention, Eva. XD

This game is very nice. Gotta love the ability to do whatever you feel like during the mission. Right now I'm currently waiting for for Subsistence, which is basically a very good buy because of the bonuses. Can't wait to play against other mortals XD and can't wait to be Solid against a whole bunch of enemies. It's gonna be awesome. Also, the nice Metal Gear 1 and 2 bonuses are worth it enough by itself and the original MGS3. I give it a 9.5 for being very good, coulda gotten that .5 if it had more than 30 fps, 40 at least, and more online modes.

THe third installement of the Metal Gear Solid series has so much going for it.... No longer are you confined to indoor environments, you have much more to handle now, camouflage, hands on wound healing, more intense battles .....all with the style and polish that only a genius like Kojima could bring to a game..... The storyline is heavy with Cold War consipiracy theory....the characters are at the very least...convincing ... I cant emphasize enough..how great the visuals and the sound are...too good to be true. The cinematic flair...you can never take it for granted.. its very James Bond-ish..and i mean that in a good way....

Metal Gear Solid 3 Snake Eater is an unbelievable game. I love the expansive environment portrayed inside every location. It's very different from MGS2 and its corridor type locations. The voice actins is amazing. David Hayter does an amazing job as the voice for Snake. Makes him sound like a true killer ~_~The storyline, one of the most incredible feats in a game, is done absolutely right in this game, this SERIES actually. It keeps me on the edge while each story unfolded. I can continue to play this game as much as I want too since it has some very high replay value. I can't wait for Metal Gear (Solid?) 4 on Playstation 3. I hope the new trailer at TGS coming up will be incredible too ;)

Yes this game was awesome, one of the few games that brought me back to consoles for a bit. If your a fan of anime you may have noticed many of the villians in this game were clones from Ninja Scroll. None the less the story was great and not overly done as the previous installement MGS2.

METAL GEAR SOLID 4 is the ultimate game and shows just a little snippet what a PS3 can do. I have played Computer games since the C64 days and have bought every console known to man. MGS4 is a landmark in gaming technology and a turning point for home entertainment. I think there is too much to say why its so cool but I will try:- There are sections where you are shooting the enemy and suddenly everything slows down (like MATRIX) and you see yourself firing bullets as your motorbike flips over and you are having to now shoot them from the air upside down.- The plot is so cool and the computer generated scenes and videos are the most realistic and moving moments in gaming history. The acting is so cool I wish METAL GEAR SOLID 4 made a TV channel! The movie scenes actually blend into the game play uncut! You are really part of the plot.- The atmosphere makes you feel that you a part of a movement that continues to grow ever intenser as you defeat your enemy. Underlying the plot is a real believable totalitarian state of the world; a controlling society in the future where war is no longer a surprise but a necessity.- The different weaponry and war machinery are what makes up the MGS4 universe, where tiny sphere robots scan environments and walk up walls looking for you a bit like the minority report. Massive machines chase you around and have almost scary human movements. The enemy mix robot and human technology to gain the advantage, but you have the guts and courage to defeat them. This makes for a believable futuristic Art of warfare.- Call of duty and battlefield games cannot create the same intense sniper and warfare scenarios and game play that MGS4 has.- MGS4 can only be created on PS3 because it uses enhanced cell chip and blue ray technologies that are required for this demanding game. I love this game.I PUT MGS4 with SF2 & ART OF FIGHTING. PLAY THE WHOLE SERIES and you will understand where I am coming from. If you liked MGS4 play Resistance 1 & 2; again only PS3 exclusives because of the massive graphics and environments.

Edited by jesysk (see edit history)