xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Shogi

DS Or PSP? Which do you think is better?

Which do you think is better?  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

To tell you the truith, PSP's games get boring really fast, and most of them are short because they are trying to over-do the graphics And thats ultimatly making the system go slower and run choppy, While DS sticks with garaphics a distance below their top so they can run efficiantly. Althought i like the UMD disks (because they hold alot) I like the idea of the DS alot better than anything that PSP can give you. You get more quality out of the games (my opinion) and more originality. Illumina right now is probaly the only exceptional game that the PSP has out. most of the DS games are hits right now.

Hands down the better system is the PSP out of the ds and psp simply because look at all it can do. The PSP is almost a handheld computer while the ds is a fancy paperweight that can play games using a touchscreen. Useless piece of computer technology if your comparing it to the PSP.

There are positives to each.
Nintendo DS - Touch screen, better graphics
Sony PSP - Plays mini DVDs, more games

Both of my brothers own a DS and my friend has a PSP.. I prefer the DS.

I think you got the two confused, it is the PSP that has far better graphics. As for the touch screen, i have played a DS and the touch screen just seems like a gimmic that sounds good and means they can charge more for it but it dosent really add to the gameplay at all. I prefer the PSP mostly because (apart from the start cost, of around an extra $200 AUD) its cheaper for me. Because i have the internet and a 1gb memory card i "could" copy games to it from the net. That way i dont have to pay $70 everytime i want to get another game. It also plays mp3's and movies.

I'm one for the PSP still. The DS is very unique and original in it's own way, the PSP is too and it's own way. The DS has that cool touch screen and games that inact accordingly to it. The PSP has a multitude of possibilities to it like music, networking, movies... homebrew >_> ... but at a price of course. So I think it's the PSP that rules out everything and is champ, but the DS is still very good in my opinion. I think the DS is more of a family type system, and the PSP as a lone system, like used when you have nothing to do or just want to do something while sleeping on the bed.

It depends really. The PSP has a lot of obvious advantages - movies, mp3 playing ability, better graphics but of course there is the higher cost.The DS is more of a classic 'gamers' game system. Many people out there just love the classic nintendo style games that you can't beat such as Mario. Plus it's a hell of a lot cheaper!Personally I'd probably prefer the PSP simply because it can do so much more and I just love the GTA games so I would probably spend the whole time playing Grand Theft Auto on my PSP but either way I'm sure you'll get lots of great gaming hours out of them.

I'd have to go with psp, I don't own either but I've used both and the psp just feels like it is where a current gen handheld should be. If they had bumped the hardware up a notch for the DS (not even to psp levels, just sort of half way between the two) I would likely say DS. I too feel the stylus is kinda gimmicky but along with good horsepower it would be alright.The combination of all the homebrew PSP stuff along with the extra features and some of the games that are comming out for psp (the splinter cell and RE games look awesome... even if the RE is just a port its HANDHELD NOW B):D:D). Plus you get sexyness points for a psp haha.

or just want to do something while sleeping on the bed.

haha. thats amazing. you must really be able to meet deadlines if you can play games in your sleep! [apologies if english is a second language but from the way you type it doesnt seam that way.]

loads of people i know have psp's and they seem really good. at first i wasnt sold on it becasue i didnt see the point in it. but as it play's mp3, plays video, [therefor all ipods can do] you can play some good games on it, and go on the internet from hotspots. all of that is fairly brilliant.

but the games and umd movies cost way too much.

I own both, there are no good games for PSP and i already owned an ipod and portable dvd playersuch a worthless piece of crapI keep waiting for some good gamesLandstalker and Generations of Chaos should be good thoughUntil i see some games i actually want for psp though i could not reccomend that system to anyone.Go with nintendo DS at least it has several fun games