xisto Community
Dyth

There Is A Free, Full, 3-d Application. Just thought I would tell you this.

Under the GPL. "Blender is the first and only fully integrated 3D graphics creation suite allowing modeling, animation, rendering, post-production, realtime interactive 3D and game creation and playback with cross-platform compatibility - all in one tidy, easily and free downloadable package!" Amazing. It's definitely just as good (and better :-) than the expensive things on thte market. Check it out. https://www.blender.org/

lol, looks nice, but i'm a bit short of space on my computer right now, so i'll have to hold off till later to try it out. Until then, Cinema 4D is working perfectly for me ;)

Lol sprry dudes, but that piece of software already existed about 2-4 years ago. How do I know this? My father was CEO of the company who made it (NaN, or Not a Number). It's pretty cool, but NaN went broke. The idea was (and it worked) that you can download the software free(cuz any1 can copy from cd's) but have to pay 60 euro's for the manual. After a while my dad and another CEO got into a fight and he left. Little history lesson ;)

I know that. =P As devout a Blender fan as any lazy neophyte can be, I read the history page. At nights, I still cry for the unfortunate NaN...Well, now everything's free. Yippie!

Wow, such a small download for something that's supposed to have this much power behind it. Installing now ;)EDIT: Uninstalling now... Don't have a mouse wheel or a middle mouse button, so I'm at a bit off a loss here. Can't move the camera or anything! I'll stick to Poser for now ;)

Wow nice program...I was wondering how 3D images can be exported into other programs like Macromedia Flash. So far, Flash is really giving me a hard time, I couldn't get the layers right all the time. I use 3D studio max for 3D imaging but after awhile, i realise it is kinda old school. Anybody got any ideas how i can actually have a good newbie-based 3D imaging software for me to start off with? ;)

Wow. Thanks for the tip. I've been using Anim8or for a few years, but now that I've mastered that program, this looks like another great stepping stone.BTW all my mmcmlxii.astahost.com graphics and shorts were done w/Anim8or.If I had more of my shorts up you could see what that free program offers.

I just recently tried swish3d max as suggested by Avalon and it seems pretty cool. I thought it was supposed to be easier than flash but so far I am still having a problem doing basic stuff. Perhaps I need more than a couple minutes here and there to learn to use it but I thought at least the simple stuff would be easy. Is this program better than swish 3d? I haven't used much 3d rendering software but I could probably integrate some cool stuff into my designs at work with a good 3d program. I also am not sure if you can model other objects in swish either - I am highly interested in making models of objects that don't come with the software. Is there software capable of this?? Swish 3d? something else??

U can also try POV-Ray. I've never used it but the things u can do with it is AMAZING!!. It doesnt have GUI. It's text based. check out http://www.povray.org/ for download as well as tutorilas

Wow nice program...I was wondering how 3D images can be exported into other programs like Macromedia Flash. So far, Flash is really giving me a hard time, I couldn't get the layers right all the time. I use 3D studio max for 3D imaging but after awhile, i realise it is kinda old school. Anybody got any ideas how i can actually have a good newbie-based 3D imaging software for me to start off with?  :blink:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

lol, how is 3D Studio Max old school? It's one of the stronger 3D applications...at least that's what I thought when I first used it. Problem was, it's a bit large and slow for my old little laptop so I had to switch over to Cinema 4D which is another dandy 3D rendering application ^_^