xisto Community
djleli

Deactivate right click in internet explorer

When i use that script that only lets you see the page in frames then code works fine but there is a yellow "!" at the bottom where there is usually a blue e. How do I fix this?

THis script is pretty good since it can disable the right click "copy" and the right click "paste" but for that i just use ctrl+C and ctrl+v. i Highlight any thing and hit Ctrl+c to copy and to paste i will hit Ctrl+v to paste................. But atleast the whole right click thing removes the view source, which wont let you view the html. Yet again just go to View on top, next to tools and hit source.

Thanks Djleli,THanks for the code. Wish there were more posts like this one on this site. More useful tools & less "fluff" just opinions etc. We need more contributers like Dj sharing useful ideas & building a kick A** community here. Don't want to start a thread/debate about intellectual property rights but here's just my 2 cents worth. I know we're on a "free" site but is anything ever really TOTALLY free? Comeon, really free? I'll bet the posters to this forum who complain about webpage security issues (NO right click etc.) are the same ones who never support Xisto by <- snipped -> My oppinion is: if a webauthor wants to protect the site content it took him/her many hours (sometimes hundreds) to create then MORE POWER TO THEM! HOW ABOUT SOMEONE POSTING SOME CODE FOR:Disable clipboard.Disable Cntrl CDisable PrintScreenKill screenetc.How about it? Anyone???Cheers ;)}}}}}}

A website copier is the easiest solution to eliminate all your efforts on "protecting the source codes".Yet, I hate those who just copy your website and use them as theirs.

A website copier is the easiest solution to eliminate all your efforts on "protecting the source codes".

Yet, I hate those who just copy your website and use them as theirs.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks Spirit Valley,

Any experience with wepage encryption programs? Do they work well? Which programs?? How easy are they to hack/ get around?? Seems that if the html is encrypted then it would be very difficult to just "copy" the website and re-use it without permission.

Any info?

Cheers

Any experience with wepage encryption programs? Do they work well? Which programs?? How easy are they to hack/ get around?? Seems that if the html is encrypted then it would be very difficult to just "copy" the website and re-use it without permission.

Any info?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Some powerful webpage encryption programs do encrypt http codes well so they're not easily understandable. You may want to check the website of ProtWare's HTML Guardian if you are interested. Webpages encryped by this program works well when the user is using Internet Explorer, and they claimed that encryped websites can be properly viewed by any javascript-supporting browsers...

But, believe me, soon there'll be a "webpage decrypter"...

Hope this helps.

Thanks Spirit Valley,Will check out the link you gave. I realize nothing is forever, it's always going to be the good guys against the bad guys (Spy vs. Spy etc.). Just requesting opinions of forum members who have any current Personal experience with any html(website) encryption programs- to get me up to speed on this issue.Anybody??Have found a review site for several programs at:http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/
Anybody on the forumns have personal experience with the programs listed there?Anybody??Thanks RGPHNX

The best right click protection are:oncontextmenu="return false" ondragstart="return false" onselectstart="return false"Put this code direct in body element. For example:<body topmargin="0" leftmargin="0" oncontextmenu="return false" ondragstart="return false" onselectstart="return false"></body>