xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Final)arkJon

Pda Dell, Hows It? ?

I looked on newegg and etc and found the dell pdas to be the best price for comparible specs to a 400 dollar one on newegg.

anyway here it is

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

now i have this 35 dollar coupon so i get 35 off. anyway it has 802.11b wireless. will that work with my Wgrt54 (my linksys wireless router 54g)
or not.... i think it can becasue that is just B at 11mbps right? bc i think it supports it, tell me if im wrong.

That PDA is really good, actually, it is like the mother of all PDAs. And thats not too bad of a price for it.I got a 100 dollar PDA from ebay, 2 year old, Palm Tungsten T and I'm really happy with that. The only problem I have is that it doesn't have wireless.The axim has an insanely fast CPU, its 624Mhz which means you can even watch divx on it (I can even do that on my TT which is only 144Mhz, although I have to OC it to around 180 for smooth playback)Another good thing about that pda is that it has a volume slider, so its good for mp3 playback.The only thing my TT would be better is probably battery life since that decreases as the CPU speed increases. I can listen to about 3-4 hours of music with the screen turned off. I would think it would be less on the axim. I have a friend who has had the exact same model for around 6 months, he seems to like it too.

I have honestly never liked Dell too much, not for any particular reason but i just dont like it, but i have to say that that PDA does look pretty cool, you also have to look at the ones made by HP, because they have pretty good one too.

ok thanks for the imput, i may not buy one soon but i have seen much interest in them. In my understanding, you can go on pocket ie, outlook, exel, and word. please tell me if i am wrong because it is to my understanding of this. Can i also listen to mp3s and watch videos with this one, Is the software already on it? that would be really cool. anyway thx for the reply and plz answer my few ez q's

yeah, it comes with Windows media player, so you can do all sorts of fancy multimedia :)there is pocket word, excel etc I think, but its a pain trying to use those with a stylus.