xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
OpaQue

Tips For Slim Health And Long Life Dos and Donts of Healthy life.

When you want to cough up the extra weight you got, Most of the people make big plans and schedules for exersise. This guide wont tell you how to do it, but it rather focuses on what you must NOT do.

Never skip Warm ups. If you skip this, you will not be in a condition to continue your exersise the next day.

Also, Here are some tips regarding Cardio exersises. If you want to burn Fat, then people suggest Cardio Exersises. You may have wondered why ? The fact is, when you exersise, for about 20 mins ( usually till you start sweating and stinking ) you are using up your primary energy resource. After this phase, the body shifts to the stored reserves for more energy. This is when you are actually burning fat. So, Only the exersise after these 20 minutes count.
So better exersise as much as you can till you cry. :) and once you are done with it, dont stop and watch TV.

Instead, after your exersise session, always stretch your body and do some light exersise. So that, the body comes back to the normal condition and the blood circulation becomes normal again. This is also very important step. Never miss it. And before you really take some huge decisions in your life regarding rigourous workouts and exersise, consult a doctor. He really has more brains and can definately guide you better.

Also, never ever go on DIETING. Here is the reason,
When you go on dieting, you limit the food intake. The body is a wonderful peice of machine. It is more clever than you think. In your dieting phase, it starts extracting more nutrients than usual. So when you are dieting, the extraction process is on a full scale. Why do you think the stray dogs are so healthy as you puppy. Becuase even though they eat less, they extract more.

Back to the point, Dieting will also make you pale and dull.. So, now you are looking miserable and you finally decide to quit. You have lost 5 pounds and you are quiet proud of it. You go to stores and get some pastries and cakes.. But your body does not know that you have stopped your dieting routine. And this time, it works uses the ADVANCED extraction process that it had learn't at the time of dieting on this junk food too. So what do you think the result is ?

You gain weight at much faster rate than you lost it.

Keep the following things balanced and everything will go fine :-
1> Sleep
2> Food ( Balanced - Avoid Non-veg and junk .. ya .ya. you heard this from thousands of other people too.. now you know, we are not stupid to tell you the same thing again and again.. )
3> Exersise ( Moderate )

Anyone who thinks can do meditation can really benefit a lot from it. Meditation can really help you in achieving your goals. It keeps your mind focussed and pin points your goals. It is the best Stress reliever.

Also, if you don't believe in God, I suggest you start believing today. Not because you want to cast miracles but you will help yourself live longer and better. Now, your thinking I have gone crazy. NO, not until I read this in newspapers and searched the net to show you guys..

Here is an article.

Ever wonder how Methuselah lived to be almost 1,000 years old? Maybe he had a good prayer life.
At least that's what a recent study from the Duke University Medical Center indicates. Looking at 4,000 older adults from rural North Carolina, the Duke team concluded that even occasional private prayer and Bible study helped people live healthier and longer lives.

"The person who prays is less stressed. He becomes less anxious, and his blood pressure and pulse improve." 

"This is one of the first studies showing that people who pray live longer," said researcher Harold Koenig.

Most of my above points are all scattered but I felt you must know these things.

- OpaQue

I have a few to add, Don't get too excited when you find that when you go to weigh yourself that you are a few pounds lighter, as it is likely that lots of this could be because of loss of water, or simply not reading the scales properly, or worst of all, the fact that muscle weighs more than fat, and that by not eating enough protien and doing the regular exercises you are reducing the volume of muscle and increasing the volume of fat (which would cause you to lose weight net (overall)).

That's a great article, though, & i really enjoyed it. Really, honestly i think that less stress is a key requirement for weight-loss..Just de-stress & the lb's. will melt away

I think all you guys take losing weight too SERIOUSLY. If you think about it,  if you eat less, you loose weight.

Just my two cents...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

How kraizii88z,

Eating less doesn't mean you'll loose weight, you'll lose more than you'd expect, starvation causes malnutriention and your body changes it's way of functioning, you'll start to feel weak, it's probably your body using your energy reserves and your muscles have too been reduced by this affect. Your body is trying to get the nutrientions it needs and starts taking it from whatever it can.

Eating less lowers the strength of your metabolism which is one of your bodies ways of keeping your body leveled, you may hear a lot of people say they can eat all they like and not gain a thing, this is usually a result of them having a strong metabolism or food just goes straight through them and into the toilet, but don't be fooled, this can all change on them in a few years and then they'll start wishing they took more care of themselves.

There are different dieting ways, but dieting doesn't mean cutting back on things like junk food. It's suppose to be balancing your intake of foods from all categories of the food pyramid, although they tend to suggest keeping away from the junk and fatty foods, this is because temptation usually takes over here and a lot of people enjoy these foods and tend to over do it, by suggesting to not eat it, they're really wanting you to make sure you don't eat the foods you might enjoy more of.

MC

If you want to burn Fat, then people suggest Cardio Exersises. You may have wondered why ? The fact is, when you exersise, for about 20 mins ( usually till you start sweating and stinking ) you are using up your primary energy resource. After this phase, the body shifts to the stored reserves for more energy. This is when you are actually burning fat. So, Only the exersise after these 20 minutes count.So better exersise as much as you can till you cry.

hahaha sweet. i'd suggest cardio for more than 30 minutes at a time and less than 60 minutes. less than 60 minutes because there's a huge risk of your body turning to your muscle as fuel if you go beyond 60 minutes.

Also, never ever go on DIETING. Here is the reason,When you go on dieting, you limit the food intake. The body is a wonderful peice of machine. It is more clever than you think. In your dieting phase, it starts extracting more nutrients than usual. So when you are dieting, the extraction process is on a full scale. Why do you think the stray dogs are so healthy as you puppy. Becuase even though they eat less, they extract more.

hmm i haven't heard of extraction process before. what i know about dieting is that yes, the body is smart as anything and it wants to keep you alive. if "dieting" means less consumption of food, your body will think you are starving and to keep you alive, your metabolic rate will drop, whatever food you eat will probably go towards fat storage and your body will use whatever muscle you have for fuel. whenever your body thinks there is a shortage of food, body fat will be the last thing burnt off. so even if you lose weight, what you've lost would probably be water weight, muscle and only maybe a very small percentage of fat.

calories should never be excessively reduced. food choices are half as important. for example, if you think fruit juice is "good" and you can drink as much as you want, think again. one feels more "full" from eating a fruit because of the fibre that comes along with it. fruit juice comes without the fibre and you could drink a carton without feeling full. guess how many more calories you would have consumed. plus people don't usually consider the amount of calories they take in by drinking.

a good example is a recent study reported by WebMD
http://www.webmd.com/

a study was done where rats were given alcohol to drink and food to eat. when the rats consumed the alcohol, they consumed less calories from food. they also knew when to stop drinking alcohol... a rough equivalent of two to three drinks for humans.

excellent posts musichere and mastercomputer, i agree!

What I Learned in the Military...As was previously stated, when you take in less, your metabolism slows down. And I'm sure you've also heard that breakfast is the most important meal of the day...but did you ever wonder why?The answer is this... each morning, your body sets it's metabolic rate based on how much you take in when you first wake up. So if you're going to be cutting back on your calorie intake, you shouldn't cut the amount you take in at breakfast...and if you don't eat breakfast, you should start. If you don't eat a good breakfast, then your metabolism is slower for the day than it would've been if you had eaten something for breakfast. So if you're going to cut back, cut back on lunch and supper. That way, your intake is reduced while your metabolism isn't reduced (as much). Now, I know that there are those of you out there who are just itching to reply to this to flame me and tell me I'm an idiot, but it's how the U.S. Government teaches people to lose weight...it's not my method or my opinion...it's your tax dollars at work...just a thought...Thanks,Stephen

I recently heard that the kids of today are more likely to die before their parents because of unhealthyness, obeasity etc. I think It is important to maintain a healthy weight.Im not saying the world should be all skinny , not at all, im just saying that as long as you are in your target weight range and eat healthy (yes you can still have the odd junk) the generations to come will also benefit from it. Losing weight and exercising isnt that hard, Just by changing a few things you can lose some lbs for example 1lb of fat is 3500 so.. if you cut swap that burger for a healthy sandwitch you've near enough cut back on those 500 calories for the day meaning in 1 week you will lose 1lb if you cut 500calories a day just by making simple eating changed and swapping foods. As for exercise walking is a brilliant way to start off and it also builds up your stamina and is great for your heart. If you dont like workouts and gyms, you can always have a game of tennis or go swimming or pretend you 5 again and run around the woods doing silly things.People are serious about losing weight and getting in shape and it is a very important subject...but remeber we only live once.... LETS MAKE IT FUN!!!!!Hope everyone is good and smiley take care guys!:huh: