xisto Community
qwijibow

Cleaning Dusk From Motherboard + Ram + Cards ?

How can i safely remove dust from static sencitive parts of the computer ???mainly A#Graphics card, Ram, and motherboard ???

There's really no safe way. Anything you do around the components can trigger some unforeseen event. ATX soft-on power supplies must be switched off at the wall, but leave the computer plugged in still to ground it, reason being is the computer is always live for events like Wake On Lan, RTC Alarm, etc (things that can switch the computer on remotely).Best method is anti-static compressed air, that can blow the dust out.Other than that I suggest a small anti-static soft bristle brush to dust away the dust, making sure you're grounded at all times and very gentle, make sure the handle is non-conductive (not metal or normal plastic, preferably insulated).Don't ever use a vacumn cleaner around the motherboard/components, the air sucked in can cause a build up of static from the air/dust and higher chances of killing something that is very sensitive to static.Static Wipes are no good for this type of work.MC

Thanks, i thoughti would be safe with a normal artists paint brush (woodern handle)What are risks of static dureing dust removal compared to overheating of motherboard due to dust insulating the parts againsed cold air ?im assume its safe to clean the heat sync and cpu fan.

There is that PC Dust-off that was mentioned above. It comes in a can of compressed air and it has a little nosle for detailed removal of dust. Its pretty cheap and works well. I've never heard of any one having static problems with it.

after I clean the system unit and brush the motherboard and unplugged all the cable outside (not the internal parts)  I cant turn on now the monitor, the system turn on normally but the monitor wont .. There's no images coming from it .. What happen ? how can I solve it ?