xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Dementour

Command And Conquer best strategy game

Im surprised noone mentioned C&C yet in the strategy forum! I wont say the series is the best in the gaming world, far from that, but in the strategy genre I personally reckon it is. The original game had a vivid and solid storyline told by two perspectives, one on each disc, which you can either be on the good side or the bad. The FMV sequences is a mixture of real-life people and cgi effects. The ingame graphics are good and challenging as they use it against you unabling yourself to see anything unless you have your men go over the land which makes more of it visible to you. Harvesting gains you money to buy more things for your base. Sheer brilliance!

Well the game was pretty ok. The gameplay was nice, a little confusing right out of playing Starcraft though. The graphics weren't very good, but the gameplay makes up for it.Yeah. Didn't play any of the later CC series though. How are they?

WHAT IT CLOSED DOWN?!?!?!??! darn i didn't know! C&C has always been one of my all-time favourite stratagy games along with dune! argh!! nooo!! no wonder i haven't seen any new C&C games being released.

No the series is still alive and kicking, EA just announced the third Red Alert game even, Westwood just bit EA's axe and EA LA has been handling the series since Yuri's Revenge and Generals. It's a shame though since Westwood was really a great developer and I'll always have a soft spot for em. I really hope though that the next C&C game will do a little to modernize the series in terms of gameplay, I've been playing Generals for a review and it's starting to feel sort of clunky when there's been so many improvements in other games over the years. If nothing else though the left click for everything has to go. ;)

Generals is rather fast paced as you will need to do some raids on the enemy base before he/she builds it up into a almost inpregnable stronghold... Then expanding territory due to lack of resources is also another huge problem... It becomes a struggle when 2 or more players try to get it...

yeh i got command and conquer: zero hour. it ran bloody slow on my pc, but just about play the game (with loads of lag). completed it with every campagin found it quite easy! only about 4 missions or objective, levels whatever you called them. really surpirised when i completed it. its a little ess for a expansion pack. wish i could play it online! but i borrowed it off a friend of mine so i couldnt... :)

I think the original red alert and generals are the two best games from the series. Red alert was similar to the first command and conquer, but was even more fast paces with huge battles. The tank rush was pretty powerful in that game.Generals maintains the similar military theme, but it feels a little more like starcraft. For example you can upgrade units strength and each unit is more valuable than in red alert.

They came up with the idea of Generals due to the terrorism and stuff. The USA, Osama which they named GLA the global liberation army and China although I doubt that such a war would actually happen...

I can remember the first ever C&C for the playstation (I think that's what it was for...)Definaty a better game than AoE, I only really liked that because of the map making features :D

The first commercial game I ever purchased after I got my first computer was Command and Conquer: Red Alert. One of the best RTS games in my opinion. I also had a nice time with Generals when it came out, but Red Alert is a classic. I still remember the cut scenes scaring me as a kid.