xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Strykerclan Leader

Invisionboard Questions

When I upload my skin files into the "archive_in" directory, it doesn't show up in the Admin Center.If anyone can help me, please send me a PM.I need help with uploading a  few skins and mods for the forum.

Thanks...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Uh, I've never heard of the "archive_in" directory. In fact, I don't think InvisionFree lets you upload files (Unless you're using the paid Invision, then I don't know...). If you want additional skin files, you need to upload it to your site, and host it there.

I hope that helps.

The most likely thing that could be a problem is the permissions. There is a little message in the control panel of invision which says that you have to change the permissions to 777, which can be done easily in both FTP and in cPanel, and after you've done this you won't get any error in invision any more.

I can't answer your question. I moved the topic to the what if section. It's not a tutorial so for lack of a better forum it's here.Can't you ask on invision boards forum to find out what the problem is? Most of the sites that have programs that you use are more than willing to help you out when it comes to questions.That is as good as I can do.Nils

You should have a Skin folder and that is where you should upload your skins then in the admin panel and in the My Controls you should now see the new skin, just move it from archives in to the Skin folder and you are done.

hello, i want to know how to put a shortcut to invision board posting page, for youtube, so when we want to put youtube clip to a board we could watch it directly from here, so we dont have to go to a youtube page?like it has for images, links, quotes, etc.P.S. the board looks just like this!

Edited by 4cMavericK (see edit history)

There are two ways to do this, and both have theirs pros and cons.

The first one would be to create a custom BB Code for embedding YouTube videos. A custom BB Code is really ease to create through the IP.Board administration panel, but I am not sure of the exact steps you need to take: you would, however, need to take the HTML code provided by YouTube, and customize it so that the video ID is replaced by what the user enters. That's the problem - one cannot just copy the URL to a video! He/she must extract the video ID from the URL...

An easier option, though it requires some file modifying, is to use a mod created by someone else. The biggest collection of those mods can be found at http://www.invisionize.com/, so that's where you should be going ;)

I have one more question.

Private messages are not working, this is the message that board writes when I click "Send PM"

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /home/foucsqu1/public_html/forum/sources/components_ucp/arcade.php on line 81

How to fix that? Edited by 4cMavericK (see edit history)