xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Silent Soul X

Google Adsense is it any good

Hey i was just wondering if google adsense is really any good? Has anybody here tried it becuase i would like to know if they get results. Becuase if so how much money do you earn roughly, i'm asking this becuase if i can get enough hits and money using google adsense i would like to buy my own doman name and hosting. thx and i know this is probably a bit noobish but oh well

I don't think you'll earn much from my opinion since people like me are using Firefox's AdBlock to block the ads and I never ever bothered to look at them.They are not agressive but it'll be worth a try :) But honestly, I don't think it'll be worth it if you are buying your own domain name.Try Google-ing Dot.tk for a free domain?

yeah i was quickly looking through all the other topics and i found one and yep the same story as you that it's a huge struggle to earn money using google adsense, unless you receive atleast 1000+ hits a day. So wat i decided to do is to try and get in the whole selling designs scheme :)

Strykerclan Leader,
No need googling dude.. http://www.dot.tk/en/index.html?lang=en is giving away domains for free anyways - but problem is you never really get control of your domain. Dottk still retains full rights over your domain.. In case you want complete control of your domain you got to opt for the paid service. I tried registering for their free domains - even though it's a lucrative offer - I spent 90% of the time during the registration phase going to Gateway Timeouts - and then <pheww> luckily I got through and managed to register my "free" domain. But that's about it - since then, all the more gateway timeouts whenever I try accessing/setting up my page. Maybe it's better routed from other parts of the world - but certainly not mine(thailand).. so all the best with .tk and their godforsaken "free"!! domains....

http://www.dot.tk/en/index.html?lang=en isn't a real domain, all it does is redirect your page from the virtual domain. If you want cheap domains just try http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ adsense is popular becuase it is made by google (a company we all know and love) and because they are clean and people often mistake them for parts of the website (thus generating revenue). I persononally don't have them (because my website is non-profit), but if you want to use adverts they are probably the best way to go.

I tried it out, but it takes a long while to get 100$ That's the amount you need to get it paid out. I dont know if it works or not, ive never get the money. I still dont know why, but my account got disabled and they said I have invalid clicks on it. But i have no idea how there were invalid clicks.

Thanks guys and i was going to get a domain from Dot.tk but i decided it's probably much better just to stick with my Xisto.com one because i have more control over it and also vladimir, how long did it take to get around $100 and how many hits did u get around, also do you have a link to your website so i can check it out thx :)

google adsense has strict rules for your website. example: "it should be clear" i tried to sign up for adsense but couldnt qulaify for the application. turned down 2 times in a row. so i gave up.

i 'm using em right now & so far surprisinglyi have about eleven bucks. Yeah they won't make you money fast, but thenagain i don't get many hits & i'm surprised anyone clicked em at all.

Haha, I actually had Google Adsense on my website some time back. I agreed that your website must be receiving a lot of visitors to have you earn money via Adsense. I didn't have enough visitros, so I got my friends to help <- snipped -> But Google found out anyway and confiscated all my earnings.}

Haven't tried them, but I have heard that they take a while to get any results that would add up to any money....I am looking at some other revenue generating items to go on my website, and will post when I find any that might seem like they are good....

@ Silent Soul X,sorry, I don't have them anymore...I did get like 50-100 cents a day. Unfortunately I clicked sometimes by myself. I also asked some others to click on it to increase my earnings. Like I said I had 75$. and it took me 3 month or so, I'm not quite sure...1 click per day...

Oh k, well to start off i probably won't have google adsense on my website until i start getting lots of hits. Unless does anyone know if having google adsense increases your rank in the google system. I don't think it would but just asking incase, then i might consider putting it on my website.