xisto Community
heshu

Ape To Man Do you really believe???

In response to Majestic, I think the scientific community basically accepts it as fact, but for religious reasons, within the United States we have to say it's a theory. :D;; Christians would be kind of annoyed if we started saying that Creationism, one of their basic tenets, is false. I mean, wouldn't you be kind of worried if science threatened some of your Buddhist beliefs? Especially that whole cycle of samsara, with birth and rebirth.It might be annoying at times, but at least within the US, we have to put up with some extremist Christians... :D;;

well - there are still people that looks/behaves like apes, so... maybe that is true??? :)

Theory is something like a wild guess of how things and may actually appear. We need facts and actual findings as well as observation to prove that this matter is reliable. Theory just complicate the way the people should go, it is by any means a great factor on how people relate at things. We don't need theory we need facts. If you people have evolved from monkeys then why did your relatives remained monkeys or apes? Charles Darwin has his own religion so be careful on what you say, Religion: a set of beliefs concerned with explaining the origins and purposes of the universe. Evolution is a fairy tale for grown-ups. Darwinism believe of mother nature, so he has a belief. For him mother nature created everything, and if you are a believer of darwinism you an be able to do what ever you want and every sinful pleasure without conscience, so we would say you are an ape go ahead kill your group and smile but do it becuase it pleases you. That is your darwin, that is your firm belief darwinism. For anyone that believes in darwin should and always study him first. Because if you do believe in his theories, you are one with his religion and your creator if mother nature. Wake up this is not about christianity or non-belief it is plain fact. Apes are apes and humans humans, but who knows if you really came from apes, you might be a resulting experiment of ape and human gene combination, hehehe. Just study first something before you site and say "I believe this..."

I mean, wouldn't you be kind of worried if science threatened some of your Buddhist beliefs? Especially that whole cycle of samsara, with birth and rebirth.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Actually, no. Samsara I don't think its really possible to refute: the concept is that this universe is filled with change and impermanence, which is fueled by an ever changing series of causal factors. I don't think any scientist would ever disagree with that.

Birth and rebirth I consider up for review myself, or at least many interpretations of them. Especially as they refer to the different realms.

As the dalai lama has said (even though he is not of my sect), if science finds something to be false then it is gone. Period.

Irrational Faith is considered a barrier to enlightenment, one of the worst in fact (belief in the efficacy of rules and rituals). This includes irrational faith in buddhist ideas(at least in my sect. But then again, their historical designation before the hinayana/mahayana split was the 'rationalists').