xisto Community
heshu

Ape To Man Do you really believe???

As far as I know evolution is a continuous, unending process..if somehow this theory is true, I still wonder why do apes still exists nowadays...they should evolve into humans too. Centuries have passed by, apes are still apes and humans are still humans. Humans should have evolved into some higher level of lifeform, 3 legs, four arms or whatever. As far as I could see apes and chimpz on Animal Planet or in Zoos, evolution is still a theory for me.

herbert , thats not a good evidence as other species have also 90%++ identification with our DNA ...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Somewhere along the line humans must have had a helping hand. Think about this.. humans are capable of sexual intercourse towards generating offspring at any point in time ( without the females having to be in heat, except the menstural phase). How many other animals are capable of this... :-) !!! There is a specific gene which is responsible for this. (Genetic manupalation??) Even if we allow for natural selection, it is not possible that just one human could have had a mutation where the sex gene mutated to evolve into the present form and this human'oid' replaced the rest of the human'oids' through breeding. (there would have been some remains of a tribe, some strain in dna indicating cross breeding), This is not so, even the monkeys and chimps are around, so if humans evolved there would be a tracable map. GENETIC MODIFICATION??!!??

Also, the brain. The DNA of the human species has an evolved expression that allows our brains to linger int he learning phase far longer than any other animal. This ensures that learning is passed on (at least the essentials for survival). This is a TERRIFIC mutation to occur naturally. And say it occured naturally, even if we allow for a complete elemination of competing species, there would no doubt have been cross breeding to show our complete evolutionary path. GENETIC MODIFICATION??

That;s where we come to the missing link. Sire it is entirely possible that humans have a Chimp linage but an entire population - across the globe must have gone through 'a helping hand' process for us to be where we are today.

Makes us think about the next thing.. is there life in outer space? Has any ET intellegence experimented on us humans??

R.A.

As far as I know evolution is a continuous, unending process..if somehow this theory is true, I still wonder why do apes still exists nowadays...they should evolve into humans too. Centuries have passed by, apes are still apes and humans are still humans. Humans should have evolved into some higher level of lifeform, 3 legs, four arms or whatever. As far as I could see apes and chimpz on Animal Planet or in Zoos, evolution is still a theory for me.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, this is true, but one might argue that humans and apes have been evolving over time, and they still are.

For example, humans are getting taller as time progresses. The ancient Egyptian males had an average height of something like 4' 11", whereas now it's more like 5'8" or 5'9". Also, the pinky finger and toes are decreasing over time as well. They simply aren't used as much as they used to be, so they are diminishing.

As for apes/chimps, you will see that they are very well adapted to their environments; thus, they have no reason to evolve into humans. The obvious point here is the opposable thumb that primates have; they also have opposable big toes so that their feet can grip branches as well. Anyway, they are evolved to survive in their environment, and they don't need to evolve into people.

Another interesting blurb: there have been experiments where scientists have tried and somewhat succeeded in teaching sign language to chimpanzees. Scientists speculate that humans began to evolve when complex speech and language was developed. Some of the more extreme thinkers believe that, by teaching a language to chimpanzees, that chimps will also begin evolving into a human-like creature. Thus, they hypothesize that, by teaching language to chimps, that we could witness something similar to the evolution of man some millions of years ago.

I believe, which is true with almost everything, we have evolved. I don't believe however that we have evolved from apes. Apes != Humans. If that's the case why do they still exist. I mean if they evolved...that would be Darwins theory that they (apes of today) wouldn't survive because we are the "stronger" of the two. Anyways, evolution has allowed us to become "different" from what we once were.sources melol I have no evidence and really never "looked" into it thoroughly. Just my own thoughts.

ok, as a christian, i'm gonna use some of my god given brain to asess some knowledge.first off, the prinicples darwin observed to conclude evolution and explain it.1.) there is more population then food for a population (borrowed from malthus)2.) there are variations in a given population (population defined as group of animals that can produce offspring that can reproduce.)3.) some of these of variations are more beneficial to surviving to reproduce then others4.) many variations can be transmitted to offspring (DNA,yo)5.) animals will progress over time to survive best under the present selective pressures.also, hardy weinburg pretense necesary for genetic equilibrium, or non-evolutionlarge population, no mutations, no selecting pressures, no mating preference, no out breeding.humanity has a huge population, no selective pressures save diesease. but we of course have mutations, but they often manifest in defects, rarely beneficial. we also have mating preference, which would you rather shag, hot person, or fat dumpy person? see, mating preference. the point i'm getting at is humanity isn't evolving in the biological sense, only technologically.now, onto the case for ape/pre-ape->human. lets look at the DNA, i'll now use a guide for checking whether or not someone cheated on a paper. if 2 papers read very similarly, that doesn't necesarily mean they cheated. if they use a lot of the same words, not necesarily cheater. if they use a quote, the same one, they might not be cheating. but if they made the same errors in transcribing that quote, guess what, they cheated. modern chimps have a very similar paper to us. but whats even more convincing is that they have the same strands of useless DNA as we do, the same mistakes.also, to those who said someone made humans like we are cause we work so well, have you seen how "well" we work? if we were designed, it was very poorly.

whats even sadder is that christians condemn most sciences and most scientists condemn christians and religion in general. do you know how hard it is to get people to beleive that you're both a scientist and an epsicopalian? ain't easy, i assure you.

exactly, that .1 is the difference that was made many years ago from our commen ancestor with apes. it's like this, primitive ape colony prime (happy monkies) then a land divide happened, now we have primitive ape colony A, and B, A is still in the jungle, B is stuck tree-less (A, happy/||\B, unahppy) as time progressed, the environment selected for a more flat landish variety of monkey, thus B became us! and A developed slowly with not really much variation on selection pressures. as such now it's (A, happy, but only cause they don't know what b's doin /everywhere else\ B extremely happy and fat, also us) and thats how it pretty much went down.

You know, you are talking of a topic so old, it might be years. Let's just settle this, if you believe you came from monkeys go ahead and claim it to the people and tell them your ancestors are primates. And if you don't believe go ahead and tell them my ancestors ain't primates, they are humans. And if you believe in evolution, where did this monkey evolved from? Maybe a rat right, hehehe. Darwin has a belief, he believes and mother nature. He claim he doesn't have a religion? But what does religion mean? Religion means something you believe and stand into. And there are many things about darwin you might not wanna know. Research and see...

this maybe just a thoery of someone because the monkies or apes are very similar to human beings. no one can really prove it unless there is a time machine somewhere, but if there is a time machine wouldnt we known it by now? as someone passes back through time. wouldnt someone in the past know? the time machine might be only from a people with wild imaginations. who knows, we only can live our lives. why worry about the past?

this maybe just a thoery of someone because the monkies or apes are very similar to human beings. no one can really prove it unless there is a time machine somewhere, but if there is a time machine wouldnt we known it by now? as someone passes back through time. wouldnt someone in the past know? the time machine might be only from a people with wild imaginations. who knows, we only can live our lives. why worry about the past?

Its true that it is just a theory, but I do believe that we evolved from apes as their DNA strands are very similar to our double-helix. Their bone frame and structure is also very similar to us, and cavemen fossils also provide the missing link in the evolution! Lets also consider this... Everything once came from the sea, as everything on dry land now needs sodium chloride and contain sodium chloride in their blood. This is my form of theory, does anyone share the same ideals?

Ok, once more for the record.EVOLUTION IS NOT A THEORY. I know they keep saying that on TV, and I know they keep saying that online, and I know people always seem to refer to it as the 'theory of evolution'. However, those people are speaking incorrectly.Evolution is a scientific fact. Which means that it is directly observable. It might be harder to see than watching a ball drop when you let go of it, but it is in the same class scientifically.Natural Selection explains evolution, much like gravity explains why the ball drops.Most of the time, when people talk of 'the theory of evolution' they really mean 'that human beings evolved from a non-human ancestor via natural selection'.Then they begin whining about how it 'isnt proven' and so on.NEWS FLASH: You cannot prove anything happened in the past (in the scientific sense). You can simply provide overwhelming evidence. In the common useage of the word, we call overwhelming evidence 'proof'. In science however, this is not the case. The problem comes in the confusion between the scientific form of the word 'proof' and the colloquial form of the word 'proof'. In science, one can only 'prove things' via prediction and controlled variables along with a well described and specific thesis. Even then, what you are finding is that something is not disproven. There is no 'absolute proof' in science, only in mathematics.Also note that you cannot 'predict' something will happen in the past tense. Therefore, asking for 'scientific proof' of something that happened in the past is asking for something that is a contradiction in terms, in many ways.What you can ask for is evidence. So please, no whining about things being 'just a theory', or 'lack of proof'. That is all a bunch of BS. What exists is evidence.