xisto Community
jwcgator

How Would I Go About Making A Message Board? Yep

the easiest way to do that is using fantastico. From there you can install a message board like phpbb.You dont need any experience. Just press install and its done. The fantastico is at the bottom in you cpanel.I recommend a phpbb board, its very easy. It might be not secure as another board, but for that its completely free and you may get updates.

I was trying to set up a forum once before using PHPBB. But I dunno how to change all things like the logo, the color scheme etc.IS there an easy way to do it?? I am only familiar with HTML but not with PHP programming. Would be really good if someone can elighten me on any website or tutorial. .. or even better if there is another free software that can do the jobThanks

I have used the phpbb quite well even at another site I built. It is simple to setup in the cpanel, just select phpbb under preinstalled scripts. Give the bb a name, setup the admin name and password and the rest is done for you. The system creates some sample categories for you to start with.

The colors can be changed in the admin panel and is fully customizable. You can edit the graphics and change them or even use templates.

Here is mine: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Although I would suggest SMF from Simplemachines.org its a new forum from the developers of YaBBSE, its very easy to use, easy to theme and lots of mods, its still not the biggest but pleaces like 40k.ca and redandwhitekop.com all use it and have very successful sites, you should have a look, installing is pretty easy and it is a great piece of software in my opinion that is well wortha try and you will probably love it

If your a beginner, I recommend you try invisionfree.comInvisionfree has great support along with all te features of IPB.If you are not new to forums and know how to upload and edit files, SimpleMachines Forum would be anotehr great choice. It takes about 2 minutes to install and is very easy to adminster.I'm not a real big fan of phpBB since the santy virus which targetted phpBB forums through google and other search engines. phpBB was probably one of the first forum software created but since then, their have been other better forum software created.

yes i recommend the invision message board. it is a very easy board and you dont need to have any experience to run it but i think u will need a little html experience so u can understand the board wrappers

So you chose invision Power Board I see, well a few problems with that, the new version isnt free and you would need to buy a copy of it from them which is quite costly, there arent any boards made, I guess thats because of its long procedure of making them, just as a reminder SMF will be simpler than that to install and run and a lot more fun and has a lot of an easier admin panel that is great for beginers and experts and is truly a great pirece of software.

It's pretty easy.Follow the instructions on how to install it and you're done...Joking.You need an FTP client like Filezilla, which is free.Then you are supposed to go to your phpbb root and look for a folder called "templates".You upload your downloaded template there, go to Admin CP and install it at the Styles Management part.