xisto Community
Qop

Age Of Empires III Finally

AOE III looks excellent, the first 2 are great games, but 3 is gonna be a must have game for anyone.They are using the havoc physics engine (same as half-life 2) and the buildings collape in random directions. This game is gonna take a whole new turn in RTS games.

Aoe III looks good but Gorge Washington? This is getting more and more modern. Aoe 1 and 2 were great games that took place in a time non of us have lived to see. If the aoe series keeps on going at this rate we will be playing with nukes and m-16s before aoe 5...well i guess nukes wen the best thing to say because e=mc2 trooper but you get the idea.

Check out one of the first new fansites:

Click here

Also take a look @the forums!

This site has it's origins from the old aomholland.com, an (yup you gessed it) AoM site. The old members decided that it was time to move on :P Plz join, there is a lot of info about chars, civs, etc. on the forum :P

I completely forgot this was comming out haha, I'll need to aquire a copy :) Can't wait, I was playing AOEII lately just out of the blue on an old comp I got stuck using for awhile and have the AOE bug again, I needs me the III!!!

Now this has just got to be some kind of a coincidence for sure. I just finished a game on AoE II after not haing played it for about a year. Got all worked up and decided that it's one game I'm never going to uninstall. AND, lo and behold, I drop by at Xisto and learn of the excellent news about AoE III. The detail and graphics look just wonderful. If the animation during play looks half as good as the screenshots, I swear I'm going to be doing the sleeping bag rrick in front of the store a week in advance. They say a release is scheduled for the second half of 2005. If marketing strategy holds true, my bet is that the game's going to be launched over Christmas. Most of the marketing guys have 3 launch sections for fast moving shelf packages. Especially games and gadgets. Somehow, I get the feeling that as soon as I have myself a copy of AoE III, work is going to take a backseat for a few days. Another game that has some pretty cool graphics is Empire Earth. The only problem with that though is that the easy level is a bit too tough to start off with and the game gets too intense for the novice. Unfortunately Empire Earth was y first strategy game and I never seemed to get the hang of it because I kept loosing before I could really begin to appreciate the game. However, as soon as I tried AoE II, all that changed. I became a fan. Looks like I'll have to stock up the larder and fridge before game release.

I recently just bought a very big ol' box for Ages of Empire III, and it cost me about 70 bucks. Oh man, that thing pretty much came with everything on the game or something. It was a pretty heavy box that had like the making cd or something with it. Must be like the collector's edition or something. I haven't played it yet though, because I've been so busy playing other games and just thought It'd be nice to have this game lying around. It seems like it might be a good game to start playing soon though, so I might try to fit some time into playing that game.Has anyone else put out the extra cash to buy this big box of Ages of Empire? What do you think of it?

Yeah i just bought the collectors edition two, although i only paid 50 dollars for it..whered you buy THAT at? lol anyways I think i should of just bought the reg. version...this one costs a lot more and basically has no more added value for me... ;)

Age of Empires is great. But I really need to get a new video card, whenever I play the game it starts lagging at times. I enjoyed the Age of Empires series, I only hope it keeps getting better and better. But the thing is that I believe the makers of Age of Empires III focused mostly on graphics. That is not what made the previous Age of Empire games so great, it was the game play and the creativity. Graphics quality is important, but not the most important.