xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
lacking_imagination

Nintendo Helped Make The Playstation?!? www.nintendoland.com

Well I think Nintendo now is catching up especially their team of game developers are very creative and with the coming of the Wii system which a lot of people say overshadows the PS3 it might just take the lead again.Sony has the financial power but....dude Nintendo has WARIO OMG....Nice to see healthy competition between rivals quite unlike the PC industry.

I had heard about this back in the day, but I mean I can't see how this would make people respect either company more or less. Nintendo wanted to move into a new technological arena and went to Sony, a strong technology company. They ended up disagreeing on issues so the partnership split (as business ventures do from time to time) and both companies went forward with their own visions of the next gen console.As far as the Wii is concerned, I won't be impressed with Nintendo even if they do manage to win this round, since they managed to completely screw up the gamecube regardless of how many good chances it had. Also I think the Wii will do way better then the gamecube but the longevity of it will be the question once the novelty wears off.Just my opinions.

I am astonished! I had no idea that Sony Had anything to do with Nintendo. There not even in the same league anymore Playstation 3 is gonna blow away Nintendo Wii or whatever they are calling it these days. Its really interesting to find out how the video games came about and what would have happened had they not. I read the article and found it funny. I bet those nintendo guys are really banging their heads against the wall for not cooperating with Sony and giving them the help they needed. Who knows we might been years ahead by now if both Sony and Nintendo would have stayed together. Oh yeah do any of you guys remember Sega CD AKA Sega Saturn. I wonder why that system failed. Does anyone know what ever happened to Sega Saturn?

yeah, I thought this was common knowledge...Anyone else read Game Informer? The mag produced by GameStop and Babbages?Lots of game history-type things in there.

Yeah, the nintendo snub of sony over the NESCD is one of the most famous events in the video game industry. I remember it as a case study in business school (international business) that basically the folks at sony took it as a hit to their honor and being Japanese Sony did something about it. Now Sony is the #1 console in the world and Nintendo is a distant #2 (maybe #3) It's clear now that the PS3 is going to have some serious competition from Microsoft as the X-box 360 will have been out on the market a year and have more titles available including the first next gen Halo title. I've been saving my money for a while as I use Macs at home for work purposes and I think the Xbox 360 will be my choice later this fall. Until then my PS2 has been good for last three years...

Whoa, that's weird! I had no idea this had happened, although I vaguely remember something about FFVII being made for the N64...? Now that would be weird.I'm actually pretty glad that Sony got a hold of the Playstation, because we know Nintendo wouldn't have made some of the good games that include "mature" themes... I love a lot of the games Nintendo has produced, but a lot of games I play, I KNOW would not have been produced by Nintendo if it had control of the Playstation.