xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
rozalia

Ever Heard Of Joshua Bell?

I have been getting into violin concertos a lot lately. But so far, I'm a big fan of Joshua Bell (just seen him in concert last December). In my perspective, he's one of the best in his generation. But I also enjoy Midori and Nigel Kennedy. They're amazing as well.

If you know any other great violinists, please name some. I would love to listen to other artists besides the mainstream ones. And any great but sadly not very popular violin concertos would be wonderful as well!

well i have never heard of him although im into like classical guitar players,but i will recommend that you check out yngwie malmsteen and estaban them 2 are great classical composers with a guitar :)

Yngwie Malmsteen? Wow, that's one I have never heard of. Interesting name and did you say 'with guitar?' :) I'll be sure to check them out. I think I heard Estaban in a music shop before. Not sure, but I'm pretty sure it was. I remember when I was a child, I was really into classical guitar players that did their own versions of Bach's pieces. Not as heavy as the original ones played on the organs and oh boy, are organs loud and permeating sound everywhere with all those gigantic pipes. (Yeah, I'm not too big of a fan on organs). And I'm not a really big fan of Baroque music in the first place so classical guitar players helped me appreciate the 1600's music much more than before. ^__^

So, did you get the "Romance of the violin" CD? I'm listening to that one right now. The harmonies are great when you need to relax and concentrate at the same time (I know, that's an oxymoron).

So do you like Steve Pappas and Bill Perry? Bill Perry's "A Christmas Carol" is nice on the guitar.

It's a nice soung played on http://joshuabell.com/ (I have the page bookmarked so I can listen anytime).

Nils