xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Rudy1405241475

Wap Sites Do you have a WAP site?

Do any of you guys have a WAP site or has an interest in making one? How many of you have used a wap browser or even used your cell phone to access a wap site? I know some people donât care about cell phones other that to make call, but the technology is here to stay. Like computers the cell phone will be integrated with every aspect of communication and is constantly expanding.

The WAP protocol is the leading standard for information services on wireless terminals like digital mobile phones and Personal Digital Assistants (PDAs). WML is the language used to create pages to be displayed in a WAP browser.

Here is my wap site still under construction: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/
I actually did not build the wap engine because I donât know php but by golly I will learn it.

I use my cell phone " Sagem My-x7 " to access WAP via GPRS connection , I had a website ages ago but I dont recall it .. it was freely hosted by WapDrive.com ( Free wap host ) Tho i don't really do anything with WAP/GPRS except for downloading Ringtones/Wallpapers/ScreenSavers/Games and Pay my cellphone bill .

I used to have a WAP website just because when i first got my cell phone i was so excited and had it in my mind that everyone had a cellphone! so took my regular blog and made a WAP version of it. and then finally i realised i really don'y need it...so i deleted it.

A guy i know on the net owns this website and he got a brand new mobile(cell) phone and he was so excited with it he decided to make a WAP site (or convert the site somehow, i am not really sure), saying that i have not seen anything yet. On a general note i have never seen a WAP website before, what are they like exactly?

Short "cards" of text and pictures limited to one format, prue XML so there clean and to the point, not as pretty as main sites but could be with more work, ive built a wap site but i host it remotely aswell but it can be done on almost any server aswell, ill look it up, im sure you need to add something to something else in cpanel if the server doesnt automatically change to suit.