xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
jonypawks

Google Preview Neat google-related firefox plugin.

Google Preview is a plugin for firefox that adds a screenshot of the search results next to the links on the google results pages. I think it's one of the better plugins for firefox. You can grab it here.
Just thought I'd share this neat little addition that makes google that much better.

firefox .... google .... fashions of 2004 ... lol I tried Firefox ... and I am truly trying to figure out is it the HATE TO IE that makes Firefox better or is it really better ? as far as I know after Windows SP2 , I don't see any particular reason to switch to another browser , except for Tabbed browsing and few other things i dont use .My current favorite ( for over a year and half now ) is Maxthon ( Formerly MyIE2 ) it's built on IE but it's much much more advanced and better , put all those Firefox features add a hundred thousand more + plugins and skins all come in one less than 3 mb package . thanks but no thanks , Maxthon is my browser . that netscape gecko thing u ppl using aint for me .

Of course, if you already have a good browser, why switch?But I had IE for all my life, until half a year ago someone gave me the link to FF. I tried it once or twice, but quickly got irritated becuz i couldn't get something like 'links' on the adress bar, etc.I dropped and went on with IE, but I really got annoyed by the fact that some pics wouldn't load and the page crashed, things like that. So I thought i'd give FF another try.After i got used to it and learnt the h-keys, it became my favourite browser, and i didn't try anything else cuz I'm happily browsing now. It's not that I hate IE, I still use it next to FF! :) Each of the browsers has their pro's and con's and we have to live with it... or design a brwoser that fits our needs.

I wasn't really sharing this to brag on firefox or anything but I see where you're coming from, it's hard to read anything on the internet now without being told to use firefox. I'm also have other reasons to use firefox. I work for the oncampus support for the internet at my school and the first thing I do on most computers I work on is put firefox on there, even if I'm removing it later. The machines I work on usually have ridiculous amounts of spyware and crazy plugins and searchbars for IE. It makes my job a lot easier if I just put on firefox. Firefox is more secure than IE, but if you don't do stupid things IE shouldn't be a problem. I myself use it because of the tabbed browsing, I hate it when I have like 7 tasks in my taskbar and a tabbed browser can help a lot. I used to use MyIE2 but when I heard about firefox, I tried it out and liked it a lot. Firefox is also open source and I'm a huge fan of open source projects. Sorry to rant about this, it's all personal preference in the end, so I hope your happy with whatever you're using and I apologize for ranting so long about firefox again.

Cool looks neat, i wont try it as im happy to hit every link or open a new tab for them, but can anyone vouch for how useful it is or is it a hog of speed for nothing or does it do what its supposed to do? I hate installing plugins that dont do what there suppsoed to do, or ones that are badly coded, ive made a search plugin though and its pretty easy, anyone else done anything?