xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Ford_Prefect

Starcraft A classic RTS game revisited

Starcraft is the game to which all other RTS games are compared with.Since it's debut in 1998, Starcraft has never declined in popularity since.It is honestly the first and probably only RTS game in which i have sat and played for hours on end. Forget your fancy, awesome graphics games, Starcraft is where all the fun is!

Starcraft is the game to which all other RTS games are compared with.

Since it's debut in 1998, Starcraft has never declined in popularity since.

It is honestly the first and probably only RTS game in which i have sat and played for hours on end.

Forget your fancy, awesome graphics games, Starcraft is where all the fun is!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I've gotta agree. Though it's been a long time since it came out, Starcraft really hasn't declined too much in popularity or playability. The map editor and triggers within it make this game almost infinitely versatile and variable.

Though I have to admit, some of the maps are getting repetitive, the enjoyment I get out of nuking a bunch of carriers when my opponent least expects it hasn't decreased since I started playing.

It's funny, just a couple days ago when my WoW server was down, some of my friends wanted to play it. I couldn't find my cd to install it and almost head out to buy the SC Battlechest :) !It's one of the few games where 1 player is able to take on 2 or *maybe 3 other players. I've took on 2 players many times in instances where my partners is dropped or disconnected. Unlike War3, there is no way you can take on 2 players unless they are absolutely new to the game.Only 3 race, but each one is very unique and fun to play. I usually play random, but if I really must choose a favorite... I'm gonna have to go with the Zergz.The reason I stopped playing this game was due to D2. I was amazed to find some very good players dont even use the keyboard shortcuts, shocking :) .

Yeah, Starcraft is a pretty good game and its online multiplayer is pretty fun to play also. The races are also pretty balanced which makes it fun to play online.

I agree. Starcraft is like the ultimate game of the genre, simply because it is the perfect base for any RTS games. It is that way because it's so simple and base compared to some other RTS games that try to be so different from one another that they ruin the best part of the kind of game.But still, the three races are unique from each other, providing balance between each other and special attributes. I really don't find that in WCIII... Anyway, it was an awesome game. Yeah. There it is.

You guys are right. I have the original and the expansion and just for the heck of it, I thought I'd install them again and when I signed on to battle.net, I was very surprised to see it as active as ever. Really, when you compare SC to WCIII, WIII is mostly just a graphic improvement. Even then, the SC sprites still retain their charm.

I have play this game . It is a great RTS game , I agree with Ford Perfect : Starcraft has never declined in popularity since.I also play Age of Mythology , both Starcraft and Age of Mythology are my favourite . If you don't play Age of Mythology , you try it , you can feel it also a good RTS game . :P

SC, WC, and C&C (only normal c&c, tiberian sun, and red alert though) all those classic RTS's will never be able to be beaten, they will allways be in the top 10 rts games.

I am surprised that no one here has mentioned the best feature of Starcraft of all, and that is its extremely easy to use, stable, and wonderfly flexible Campaign editor. I have played a campaign where someoned used starcraft to set up a fantasy RPG, where you choose a class for your character: fighter, magic user, archer, shapechanger or mechanic, and then you advance through levels as you gain experience points.It is wonderful for me an my young boys because they never want to play against me but on the same side against the computer. So I can developed challenging campaigns that compensate for their weaknesses while keeping things interesting.

Damn man i've been playing this game since the week it came out. I can't get enought of the friggen game. I've been in like every clan possible and im just amazing. Next time anyone of you are one send me a pm if im on. My name is AiRSoFt or PuBe on StarCraft. Thats all for now. Adios!

Anyone know anything about Starcraft 2? This is what the folks at blizzard say: "Although we have not made any announcements and do not have a development or release timeline, we do fully intend to revisit the world of StarCraft on PC at some point in the future." I hope so. What with 3 Warcraft titles in a row, I seriously hope they won't end it with some lame FPS like Ghost. I mean, come on! The thing's not even going to be out for PC! Also, they have touched Diablo in ages. :D

I used to play this game almost every minute I possibly could. The only problem was I only had dial up when the game came out and it was a little difficult sometimes staying in a full game. I love the map editing tools that came with the game as it inspiried me to become a programer in the first place. I was making custom maps in starcraft when I was only 12 years old :(