xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
arunkumarhg

Secure Gmail Client! Secure GMAIL Client

Lol my friend reccomended me Thunderbird (It is a programme from Mozilla). It is downloadable from their site. This is what they say it does:

Thunderbird 1.0 is Mozilla’s next generation e-mail client. Thunderbird makes emailing safer, faster, and easier than ever before with the industry’s best implementations of features such as intelligent spam filters, saved search folders, builtin RSS support, privacy protection and much more.

I might try it out myself some day, as FF is great :)

thunderbird is fantastic. its a great, and better alternative to outlook express. i had it installed and loved it, then i formatted and have not installed it again. thanks to the above post, i will now do so again :) . its the only other email client that i have ever used. mozilla makes great things, thank god for it being free. i dont know what i would do if i still had to use IE

Thunderbird is great unless you don't have windows XP. Thunderbird relies on the Documents and Settings folder changing with every user logon. If you have 98SE, ME, etc... then you will only be able to have one account in thunderbird, or everyone will be able to see everybody else's mail. I tried it but needed the functionality of Outlook Express's "Identities." Now I have winXP but have the full Outlook, so I'm not sure if Thunderbird is really going to be better than Outlook (not "Outlook Express").

Just use another borwser or if u r atatched to IE just change your Internet sequrity and anlow cookies ...

P.S. Considering the HUGE amount of accounts Gmail myst have a HUGE maintanance bill aswell so.... it needs to have a stable income form..... POP charging... ;)

gmail doesn't charge for pop.. just go to Settings and then Forwarding and POP tab... and hey even if they decide to charge for pop... there are several ways around it... do u know that software like yahoopops make a normal yahoo account function as a pop account for free.... i have already heard a couple of software in sourceforge.net getting developed for gmail......but as far as i know and using all my 10 years experience on the internet and computers;-) , i can say that google WON'T charge for pop.but lets wait and see.

On topic :

I have several Gmail Accounts and there are notifiers for Gmail accounts, it's a small program that you load and then it checks if you have new mail. THis is NOT a mail client. You can grab it https://support.google.com/mail/answer/10960?hl=en

Thunderbird and FireFox:

I have both, for a very short while I did use Outlook Express but after a while the constant virusses gertting through, the huge holes in security got me so annoyed I started looking for a new client. I was going to download the Mozilla suite, but clicked for Thunderbird because I liked the name :) And after reading up on it, I downloaded it and installed. Even though I could have gone for a lighter email client because I am on a fairly old system, I love my Thunderbird and highly recommend it. As far as not being able to have several accounts, I run Win 2000 Pro (on a IBM Thinkpad 380E PII 333MHz 256MB Ram and ONLY 12GB HD) and have several accounts on Thunderbird :( But I can't really tell you how it works with only one account being visible as I am the only user of this pc, and I don't even have different Win logins (heh, I know bad for security, but I just got fed up with switching accounts to install something).

As far as FireFox goes, you won't hear me utter ONE bad word, I just adore FF, since the switch to both FF and TB I haven't gotten any problems one normally encounters when surfing :). One disadvantage (and it's not FF - it's Microsoft's fault) is that with FF (or any other browser but IE) you can not post from the web in MSN groups, you can but without being able to click on the Formatting things, there is an easy solution for this though. Just use plain HTML :( as I do ;)

What!? Google is going to charge for POP? Oh, man! Thats too bad. I thought they were the perfect email provider..... :lol:

But there is always Gawab Email!

Speaking about gmail, do you have any idea when they will be supporting IMAP too? I just love the feature of being able to use outlook to sync your mail, however at the same time have it all accessible through the webmail when you are using someone else's PC, or the PC at work.

Berserker