xisto Community
iGuest

Best RPG

For me, that title will likely remain in the hands of the ancient Ultima Underworld 1. At the time, it was the game that most engrossed me. It both entertained me and TRULY put me in a different place, long before myst or any other such game came close to doing so again. Indeed, long after I had retired the venerable 386 I first played it on, I played it again, using a program to compensate for speed differences, an a pentium 2, in the early days of quake 3. And you know what? It was still great, ancient graphics and all.

With all the good ideas for RPGs, it's really tough to decide which is my favorite. Right now I like Prince of Persia: Warriors Within because it's a super fun action/RPG. I would suggest renting this game to say the least.Check it out.

Haven't played any of the recent RPGs but out of all the gaming genres RPGs and Simulations are my most favourite.... That reminds me - among some of the old RPGs - the best ones I played are:1. The Longest Journey - fantastic storyline spanning 5 cds2. A series of 5 games called Quest for Glory 1 - 5 aka Hero's Quest by Sierra - have any of you played this series ?? The first 2 episodes have BAD CGA based Graphics - though there was a VGA remake of the first part. But the storyline was simply AWESOME and uncomparable. Each game could be played on it's own and had it's individual storyline - but if you played all 5 in a row, all the stories would link up with each other and form this amazingly long and winding & fantastic storyline... somewhat the way all the Robot and Foundation books in Asimov's series are linked up back to back to form a giant story spanning some 22 books... :PYou guys shud give it a try - though the first 2 parts probably need a dos emulator to run on the present windows machines.. work fine on win 98 though.

to me its almost all the squresoft or squareenix games that is the makers of final fantasy. known to be the best. final fantasy advent children movie is coming out too. cant wait till it comes out on dvd. been in the making for ages! anyone heard of this film?

well i havent played that much rpg games but the ones i have played i would like the final fantasy series. i have played them on both psx and ps2 and they have a great storyline and also good gfx

I haven't been into RPGs for about a year and a half now. I mean I'll play the occasional one, and maybe get hooked on something small and old that I never bothered to beat before ((Final Fantasy III, which I ended up beating in three days))Over the years though I've never gotten bored of Final Fantasy IXI find it a great game, despite the opinion of most other RPGers on the planet who dislike the game.Legend of Dragoon was good tooThat's another RPG I never did beat :P I must go back to it soon!

i never was much of an rpg gamer, i always got confused or frustrated and stopped playing after so long. in a rpg that isnt good, you forget where you as supposed to go(part of the reason why i have not beaten secret of evermore yet).my favorite is easily final fantasy 2(4 in japan). such good characters, good story. i found myself running home just to try and get farther in it. not many other games have did that to me. plus, Edge has to be one of the coolest characters ever.

The best RPG that I have every played and mostly everyone that are into RPGs will know what Im about to say, and that is FF7. The reason I would call it the best is it delieved the best story, gameplay, and movie like experience during its time. It was a game that changed the evolution of many rpg games now. The most interesting future that I found was that in every FF game there is always a different game system, that is what makes the FF series unique but nothing can become more unique than the gameplay system that was developed for the Final Fantasy VII game.It introduced a materia system that created many styles and custimization for the player. It was indeed a very unique system that have its story revolving around the system itself. Then comes with the characters in the game, their own appereance was interesting enough to have won the RPG audience. I remember when I started playing FF7, this is also my first RPG game ever I have never played or likes a RPG game before this, it changed the way I thought about RPGs, now I am addicted to a lot of RPGs out now.THe gameplay that was offered in FF7 was very abundent, it had a lot of mini games that gave it sooo much replay value that I wished I had my old PSone to be able to play the game again, or even better hoping for a remake.But yes that is probably my most favorite and cherished RPG game, I also believe the runner up would probably be Xenogears, the original, that was also a very interesting game that the other versions for it on the PS2 cannot touch, but I will explain about that game another day.