xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
cryptonx

You Thought 1 Gb Email ? Is Big Enough ? forget Gmail , Walla and Spymac

1TB from e-mail, would take forever to fill, there would be no real use for this much space in a inbox and how many users would ever use anything like that size. the one advantage is the 500mb attachments ut how many people you are e-mailing can recieve attachments that big anyway. i would rather stick with gmail which has an inbox size i arn't worrying about filling any time soon, coupled with a nice interface and quick easy features. oh the POP3 is also something that is very good with gmail.

*Shrugs* Frankly, I don't need so much space for my email account. I'm plenty content with 1 GB of space or how much space I have right now. Big file attachments aren't really such a big deal; uploading them is the only bother. I and other people/friends seem to have no problem receiving big files but that's only because they have 1GB+ email accounts. Personally, I think that if someone has a lot of files and projects to send back and forth between co-workers or clients; then a GAWAB account or even a private company email address would be suitable.

at pixelsmack I agree with you , a better service is alot much better than alot of spcae and lousy services ... and both things are welcome :P but Gmail is not for public ....yet ( invite only ) so you can't really compare it .. unless you can invite me :)

Stick to GMail since there is a software called GMail Drive that allows you to upload files into you GMail account and jipman, where do you get all those proxies?I want a free proxy service that doesn't come with ads if you can find one :) (And I think is impossible since nothing is free in the world)

When I Googled "Free Proxy Service", I noticed that even though proxies hide your IP address in some way, they still give you tracking cookies!

uhmmm 1gb is pretty small  :), if you want more space, try Hriders you can get  1 Terabyte (1000 gigabytes) mail account for free.

Well the interface is pretty simple but at the time i've tested without any problems.

Greets Deivid

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hmm let's see .. I m using a 1.5Mbps broadband ..

1.5Mbps = 187.5k-bytes/s

therefore

1min=60s=11.25MB

1hr=60min=675MB

10hr = 6.75GB

150hr =1012.5 GB

That will be 6days at max speed .. hmm .. how interesting .. that will the time to transfer all my data to my PC ..

I think 1 terabyte is meant for big companies with names like Microsoft...and I doubt any ordinary spam can get through their spam filters if they activate it.Anyway, you're better off with GMail, with Google's less agressive AdSense advertising than Yahoo!'s or Hotmail's ones.I use Hotmail only because they have MSN Messenger, which most of my friends use.

Let me Summarise ::

http://www.walla.co.il/

Web Space :: 1GB

POP/IMAP :: ???

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Web Space :: 1GB

POP / IMAP :: Yes

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Web Space :: 1GB / 2GB( if using Arab proxy)

POP / IMAP :: No

/legacy

Web Space :: 1TB

POP / IMAP ::???

http://yahoo.com/.sg

Web Space :: 250MB

POP :: Yes (It must be xxx@yahoo.com.SG)

I am personally using the yahoo.com.sg .. The a/c will allow the usage of all other services of Yahoo! .. and I feel more secure as it is really the most established and reputable .. does anyone has anything to say abt the other the rest??