Let me Summarise ::

http://www.walla.co.il/

Web Space :: 1GB

POP/IMAP :: ???

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Web Space :: 1GB

POP / IMAP :: Yes

Web Space :: 1GB / 2GB( if using Arab proxy)

POP / IMAP :: No

/legacy

Web Space :: 1TB

POP / IMAP ::???

http://yahoo.com/.sg

Web Space :: 250MB

POP :: Yes (It must be xxx@yahoo.com.SG)

I am personally using the yahoo.com.sg .. The a/c will allow the usage of all other services of Yahoo! .. and I feel more secure as it is really the most established and reputable .. does anyone has anything to say abt the other the rest??

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

nice!! does anybody know which services of them has ads in a message? Gmail does not what I think is great! hriders they do have ads. I do not recommend them.

you also said spymac.com, do they have ads? I've never heard about them.

Bluebottle.com250 MB MailboxPOP3 / IMAP4 / SMTP serverNO ADs on the website and in sent mail!Anti-virus protectionChallenge/Response Spam ProtectionAbility to pull messages from upto three external POP3 accounts and Hotmail (while the feature exists for free users till April according to MSN)

At the moment all i use is hotmail, mainly becuase i don't send and recieve huge amounts of mail (i don't think since they borught in the 250mb i haven't gone abouve 10%) but also for the uses of MSN. But in the future i would like to get 1gb account when i need it.

1TB of storgae :) that must take up alot of servers with alot of hard drives, who would use all of that, I cannot even use my GB from gmail. 1 GB is beginning to become overkill but over 1 GB that just is overkill. I would think gmail would be past the beta or at least be to a public beta so you won't need an invite to it. Gmail is kina nice this way though, it seems more elite in that you have to be invited to it by a member, if they have invitations.

Is this ever going to come to an end?How much space do you really need? At one point, someone came out with the idea of having a 5 GB free email service. Eventually, just shut down because of the high demand.You really have to put this into perspective.Why do you want lots of space? Are you greedy? Do you really need it?Google has done an amazing joob with gmail and I'm sure they are going to release it to the public although they will just be filled with spammers because if someone really wants a gmail, they can get one. Its not real hard as it was a few months ago.After google's competitors, yahoo and hotmail heard about gmail, they upgraded their email services too. People will realize that 1GB is more than enough for the average user.

@ LoipsDI agree with you , but the E-mail providers has nothing NEW to offer except this .. i mean consider someone who doesnt have an email account yet .. and he searches for one .. finds 10000000000 free providers all with the same features and advanded mumbo jambobut he finds one of them offering 10 gb while the other offer 1 gb .. which would u go for ? it's all a marketing trick ... like anything else.

Ah well...SOHO may use those but average users will just need 250MB.If the service provider does provide a powerful spam filter and POP access, I'm up for it but the features do count too...like the interface, customer support, servers, etc.After all, it's nice to have GMail Drive for your GMail account :)

It's a pity i don't have g-mail at the moment, but as Stryker said if it has a good interface, customer support and definelty a good spam filter, thats all i would really look for since i only use about 10% of 250mb (25mb). I mean seriously can one of you guys who has gmail or another large (1gb or up) email host tell me that you have used atleast 50%, and if you have i wonder what type of emails you recieve. Becuase on average most emails i recieve are around the 10kb and under mark and the largest file i've ever recieved is 60kb (a newsletter with heaps of graphics) and thats not including attachments. Just out of curiousity what is the limit on gmails attachments?

for since i only use about 10% of 250mb (25mb). I mean seriously can one of you guys who has gmail or another large (1gb or up) ...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well one thing about gmail is that a single email can not take up more than 10MB

But you could use gmail as a way of storing files

you need spiltted up in <10MB size

and this way be able to have access to youre files where ever...

Ive just started using gmail

and I am realy pleased so far

what i like the most is the way the messages are displayed -->threaded

and the search options i like as well

and not least the big group of people who use it

I dont realy worry about storage space

and that is important

that i dont have to worry

So the point is not to use the whole GB but that you neednt worry about running out of space , like problem was when using hotmail and likes

Yeah see i understand if your going to use it to transfer large files to each other by breaking them up and the service sounds great too, but i just would never use it for a personal e-mail account, unless someone sent me a invite *wink* *wink* :)

@ Silent Soul X Due to my nature of studies ( architecture ) I used to send and recieve LARGE .CAD files ( autocad format ) ( 5-10 mbytes ) because my flashdisk is destroyed .. so I just send it to the Office where I print the drawings in ... and also exchange with friends and so ... My 1 gb E-mail account from Walla was once 47% complete ... if I didn't clean unwanted stuff it would have jumped to 1gb for sure :)

I use Gmail not because of its size (I don't get a lot of mails :)), but because of its name and its functions. Its search function is great, and the way it displays the messages is nice. Also, I think it's java script or something, that makes the page update itself, so that you can see when you have a new mail.