xisto Community
bryandel

Adobe Premiere Pro vs Sony Vegas 5 + DVD Productio Which is the best video editing software

Which is the best video editing software?  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Vegas' interface is so much more intuitive and intelligent than Premiere's.Though Premiere is a better solution because of its fantastic integration with other Adobe software. There are also more plugins for Premiere than for Vegas.Personally, I prefer Vegas because comfortable work is important to me.Basically, it comes down to this:- spend more time and nerves learning Premiere and get the best results- use Vegas if you're if time is critical to you-reply by vegasfan

I have both vegas 8 and premiere pro cs3. I had very little time and cs3 gave me such a hard time with its learning curve. Vegas had no trouble allowing me to meet my deadline, and everything was extremely easy to understand. -reply by henry

Vegas or Premiere?

Adobe Premiere Pro vs Sony Vegas 5 + DVD Productio

I work with 3ds max alot & rendered sequences + other programs for music/sound effect production... Vegas is a really fast learner, 2 hours and you will be a master! Haven't touched Premiere - everyone raves about Vegas - though this is probably due to it's fast learning curve. I doubt that you could get a better quality out of one of them or we would have heard of it. So Vegas ftw!

Oh btw to the guy that was trying to defend his mac, well your wrong, pc's can be much faster if you choose the right hardware and there are so many more softwares out there. Yeh you can get linux too but if you want the most connectivity/compatibility I would go for vista x64 + supero hardware, way cheaper, faster and more reliable than ANY mac! Put it this way can you get a dual quad core processor mac with 8 gigs of ram for �1500? I don't think so.

-reply by Iceman

Quote MajesticTreeFrog: "At the high end, PCs get equally expensive, and are more money toMaintain/repair/deal with(also from my experience at work. We have toKeep any PCs off the external net if we wanna make sure they won't goDown at the wrong moment or get other problems)."

For the record, you can get an incredibly decent video editing, photo editing, movie viewing PC for like $700-$900 with 3GB RAM, 250GB HD, 2.0GHz CPU ect.

To maintain a PC is expensive and hard work? only if you're completely tech illiterate.

Hell, even with people who don't use PCs often all they need is a free virus program (AVG, Avast!) and just manage that. (which isnt that hard)

So you biased mac-fanboy (/girl) PC's arent completly usless, they just require more effort.

-reply by starm

This thread is titled Vegas vs. Premiere perhaps all the Mac fans should go argue the benefits of mac on a PC vs. Mac thread so those of us who want to stick with our PC and are trying to choose between these two software products could get to the answer without wading through all their propoganda.

I'm a PC 

-reply by KayDee

I have both Adobe Premiere Pro CS4 and Sony Vegas Pro 8.0

Personally, I like Premiere much better. The reason for this is most likely that I've spent so much more time in premiere than in vegas. I've found that the controls are conveniently located, and easy to access. Everything is simple to maneuver and easy to find. All effects are well labeled as well so I can find what I'm looking for quickly. Vegas seems strange to me after I've spent so much time in premiere, and I always go back to premiere whenever I can.

its all personal opinion and choosing the program that works best for you.

Premiere Pro looks sweet. Real sweet. Particularly in comparison to Vegas 8. Vegas 9 closes the gap some and not just as a result of the darker color scheme. The entire new UI rocks.

At the end of the day though, it's about productivity. Adobe's product is like getting behind the wheel of a new Jaguar when you've typically driven BMW's. Sure, you're thrilled at the start but where's the rear defroster? And the brights. How the hell do you make the wipers intermittent?

When I'm in front of Vegas 9 I feel like I just slid into the driver's seat of my nine year old Bimmer. I know exactly how to do anything I wish - no thinking, just doing. And it responds.

With Vegas I get things done. Period. Don't we all have enough hassles and headaches in our lives?

Jim Malmstrom

Your right Macs can get viruses just like window based system can. The only reason Macs are not hit with as many viruses is becuase the hackers know the majority of systems out there are Windows Based systems. So it is not that Mac can't get them or even that they are more secure. Just simply a hacker is not going to waste time hacking a system if they can only effect a small portion of the population. Where as Windows based system they can hack the majority of computer out there.

Same goes with Linux based systems. Although they are the most secure systems out their they are not totally hack proof. No program is.

So anyone telling you otherwise does not have extensive knowledge with computers.

Macs my honest critque are way overpriced with alot of wow effect and that is the extent of it. Your money is better spent going with a fully customizable high end windows workstation which will go alot farther than Mac ever dream of price wise. A fully blown Mac system can cost you upto $30k-50k and full blown Windows system can cost you max $7k...You tell me same components and extreme price difference..Same performance but pay an extra 23k for the wow effect. Yea I will always be a Windows and Linux user. 

If you want a semi virus - proof computer then get a virus scanner.

-reply by Scot

I want a Professional oneAdobe Premiere Pro vs Sony Vegas 5 + DVD Productio

I used Ulead VideoStudio 11 it's fun and easy to use .. Good production and effects.I heard about a lot of softwareBut I want Power Software, and not heavy on the hardwareBecause my laptop is old and I think doesn't assume a lot =_="Desirable properties of a "record" & "crop"What do you advise me? which one of  those two are lighter on the device?

-reply by hope50