xisto Community
maddog39

Php Emailer/contact System An email or contact system for your site

Hi Guys,

First of all, i dissagre with you if you said that alexia's script was PHP 3. Remember $_GET, $_POST, $_SERVER, etc. as I know is need register_global to turned off. And register_global is turned off by default since PHP 4.1.2. I think he was used PHP > 4.1.x or PHP 5.

May be you unfamiliar with that scripts because you didnt understand much about EMAIL HEADERS. On that script he wrote some EMAIL HEADERS like X-Mailer, X-Priority, Content/type: text/html (for email account that support HTML email) etc.

:D

i like the script however, might i make one suggestion. Try making it into one file all together, it might look somthing like this

<? if (!$_GET['send']){?><form action="mailform.php?send=1" method="post"><input type=hidden name=EmailTo value="You@mail.com"> <!-- // Change to your email address // -->Your Name: <input type=text name=Name><br>Subject: <input type=text name=Subject><br>Your Email: <input type=text name=Email><br>Your Site: <input type=text name=Site><br>Message: <br><textarea name=Message rows=6 cols=30></textarea><br><input type=submit value="Send"> <input type=reset value="Reset"></form><?}else{$Name = $_POST['Name'];$Subject = $_POST['Subject'];$Email = $_POST['Email'];$Site = $_POST['Site']; $Message=$_POST['Message'];$align = $_POST['align'];$to = "$EmailTo";$subject = "$Subject";$body = "$Message\n\n\n$Site\nBy: $Name";$headers = "From: $Email\n";$worked = @mail($to,$subject,$body,$headers);if($worked){?><p>Your message has been sent to the webmaster. You should recieve a reply shortly. </p><p><a href="index.php" target="_self">Go Back To Index?</a></p><?} else {?><p>Your message was unable to be sent</p><p><a href="java script: go.history(-1);">Click here to go back</a></p><?}}?>
This is your exact script just made to work as one file instead of 3 seperate ones. You would name this mailform.php ( think that would work for albus' question since his site is php, my site is the same way)

direct php e mail for unlimited email sending

Php Emailer/contact System

Can I get a direct php e mailer to send plenty of emails to several people at a go. I don't have a web site, I am to send from the public computer.

Go through the link below and see what I mean:

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

I will be grateful to hear from you soon

John

-john coleman

Sending HTML email

Php Emailer/contact System

Hi,

Is it possible to send email in HTML format using php script?

Thanks,

Jolly

-reply by Jolly

Hello everyone.I would like to suggest that since this function mail() doesn't works always and sometimes stays on the inner server I suggest that you all use phpmailer it is a lot easier and provides more functionality then this basic function.