xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
TailGrab

Kingdom Hearts RPG for PS2

I've never played this game is it any good... looks kinda cool

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah it's a really good game you might want to get a copy and play it, and there is a sequal coming out sometime then there is the one that came out for the gameboy advanced, it suposidly ties both of the games together but I don't know.

Oh yeah....such a good game :)

Truley, I did not like Kingdom Hearts. The only one I played was Chain of Memories, which was when my friend let me borrow it. I was enjoying it for a couple of seconds, until I reached a battle. I guess you can only use an attack a certain amount of times, which I don't like. Just like Pokemon and Final Fantasy Legends; they give you weapons that you can only use a number of times and then you have to rest or do something to repair it. I like games at which I can roam around and gain levels without having to backtract to town.The battling wasn't going to hold me back; so I began playing more. The more I played, the more of a headache I got. There are so many rooms that are confusing, and that look the same. I couldn't find my way around. It is very confusing. I thought, since it WAS made by Disney, that is would be easy; it is not.I guess I like the idea of merging Final Fantasy in it. However, they made Cloud, and a few other characters, cel-shaded (very colorful graphics with no shade) so it made it look bad. I really like cel-shaded graphics, but not for a Teenagers game (and characters) like Final Fantasy.

Truley, I did not like Kingdom Hearts. The only one I played was Chain of Memories, which was when my friend let me borrow it. I was enjoying it for a couple of seconds, until I reached a battle. I guess you can only use an attack a certain amount of times, which I don't like. Just like Pokemon and Final Fantasy Legends; they give you weapons that you can only use a number of times and then you have to rest or do something to repair it. I like games at which I can roam around and gain levels without having to backtract to town.

The battling wasn't going to hold me back; so I began playing more. The more I played, the more of a headache I got. There are so many rooms that are confusing, and that look the same. I couldn't find my way around. It is very confusing. I thought, since it WAS made by Disney, that is would be easy; it is not.

I guess I like the idea of merging Final Fantasy in it. However, they made Cloud, and a few other characters, cel-shaded (very colorful graphics with no shade) so it made it look bad. I really like cel-shaded graphics, but not for a Teenagers game (and characters) like Final Fantasy.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Also, I never really liked how Disney made it into a Kid-guided game. There was no real challenge in it whatsoever. Disney completely ruined the game when they made it aimed at kids in the single-digited age levels. I could beat the game with ease, listen to the theme song over and over again, and still get to school on time in one day.

When I first got the game, I remember thinking to myself: "Oh boy! Squaresoft! I love Squaresoft! --Eh? What is this? Disney?! You defy me! Oh well.... Disney cannot ruin a game 'that' much... can they?"

-Indeed I was wrong... Indeed I was wrong.

It's easier gameplay-wise, but story-wise they throw too many things at you too fast. Instead of answering questions from the first one with sentences they throw even more questions. From what my boyfriend told me they've also commented that KH3 will be a whole other storyline with no connections to the past 3 made (1, 2, and CoM). I have no idea what SE is thinking, but it just better make sense.

If you thought KH2 was difficult (which I don't believe it was), you can always try Final Mix, that one will knock your socks off!But I find Kingdom Hearts to be one of the best game series out there.

KH2 is a lot easier(and shorter I think) than KH1. I was playing KH1 at the same time my little sister was playing KH2. Although I played a lot more often than her, she got to finish the game first.Actually I got stuck @ Atlantis, felt awkward controlling merman Sora. <_<Will there ever be a KH3 anyway..? if there will be one, it'll probably go out on PS3. *awwwww*

Edited by KHO (see edit history)