xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
TailGrab

Kingdom Hearts RPG for PS2

Does anybody else think this game is really hard? It seems like every time i get to a 'boss' i die atleast 5 times before i beat them. Also, they give less direction than i'm used to in the plot. I find myself wandering around alot. Does anybody else share this opinion?

Does anybody else think this game is really hard?  It seems like every time i get to a 'boss' i die atleast 5 times before i beat them.  Also, they give less direction than i'm used to in the plot.  I find myself wandering around alot.  Does anybody else share this opinion?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I must admit, I was completely duped by the disney theme and thought this was going to be a fairly easy game. Really, I don't even like disney and I only got it because I heard it was made by Squaresoft and must be quality based on their Final Fantasy Series....that and it has FF characters throughout. I was thoroughly surprised when Squall showed up and brought the smackdown on me, not just because he was in the game, but he really layed it on me. It took some serious effort to get through that. I find every boss to be the same. They just refuse to go down easy,, especially if they are a FF character....I don't think I need to mention what happened when Cloud appeared...

However, I didn't have any problems figuring out what to do. The main world doesn't have a lot of direction but that's because it's non linear game. Your objectives are out on those other worlds, and I find that out there I get plenty of direction. Wandering is just part of the nonlinear RPG genre.

I found to be pretty linear, actually, like most square rpgs just options between. i think there is two endings - good and really good. mostly easy, with about two points where we were sat thinking - ok, now what? the weapons were fairly difficult and sephiroth - well we don't let the cd reenter the console.

I really didn't play a whole lot of Kingdom Hearts. After a few hours I got really bored and frankly couldn't stand the graphics, the sound, the animation or the gameplay anymore.I know this post is a bit unrelated to the exact topic at hand but I felt a slight need to post it :) As to the topic at hand: I did find it a tad, a very, very tiny tad difficult, and I'm sure it -might- pose a challenge had I actually played more than I did.

I have been stuck in the same place in Halloween Town for ages. It's my favourite town yet I cannot beat those evil three kids. [Can't remember their names] It's just that it's a really small room and the camera doesn't help too much. I keep dying in less than 10 sec. Why??? ;) I'll triumph over it eventually, when I calm down.

kingdom hearts can get to be challeneging at times but the fun you have playing it makes up for the times you die you just get so excited when you goto tarzans world and start playing with monkeys for no apparent reason lol and sliding trees can be really addicting

The only thing, that is hard is Sephiroth-battle and Phantom-battle.It is impossible to beat Sephiroth, his Sin Harvest will kill you, even if you useElixir after it. Phantom casts doom and then you are dead...

It was a very easy game. The only way to have it be half-way difficult (this is excluding Sephiroth) is set it on the hardest mode possible by answering those questions in the right way and such. But I enjoyed the game very much, and it was a great attempt towards the real time 3d fighting.

It's not that difficult to play, but it's also not that easy. I like how the battles are set up, where you fight on the main screen and earn bonuses based on what you pick up. The storyline is really cute, and I think the Disney elements balance out the more serious aspects which are present in a Final Fantasy game. The combination is perfect, making the game fun to play (but not sugary-sweet) and dramatically powerful (tapping into your emotions and keeping you interested until the end). I'm not done with the game yet, though... I bought it as a GH title a couple of months ago and haven't been able to set aside enough time for it.

wow i didnt find it hard at all personaly i just treated it like another square soft game and hung out at the coloseum FOREVER i just battle and battle i beat cloud and the ice monster on the first try but then of course theres him sepheroth ugh im like in level 56 and im having a hard time droping him to his third bar because of that move....umm i forgoth the name but it drops youre hp and mp to about 0 and of course when hes done he rushes u and i think we all know hes got some distance with that sword of his ...arg but ya i think its a great game and im playing it now id recomend beefing up alot if youve got troubles with somethink like those kids and just go with it cause its a great mix of disney and square

To beat Sephy, you should at least be Level 75 or higher, but it's still difficult. I was reading about the battle in the KH guidebook, and it looks like you'll have your work cut out for you. So far, I think the hardest battle for me was the Riku battle at Hollow Bastion, just before Sora goes MIA... (don't want to spoil anything... LOL) Riku is really quick on his feet, and even trickier once he uses magic!!! I think the easiest battle was against the large Ursula - I just swam around and let Donald and Ariel do the beating!!! I swam in for the final hit... that was the best battle!!! LOL

It has been a while since I played this game but.....No, I do not think this game is hard at all and I played it on the difficult setting, I still beat it pretty easily usually you need to have a strategy to work with, I think that setting your self up with with more than enough healing items will help also set all of your characters with the aeros, and a few others I can't think of right now but trust me they work and as soon as I think of them I will post again, I know that this combo works because I used it to beat Sephiroth. I like the way they set the ending up to where you have to earn the extra ending also if you beat the game on difficult you get something special at the end as well. :P

When I first saw this game, I was quite skeptical at the Disney/FF mix. It just seemed wrong to have Cloud in the same game as Goofy. However, this game has grown on me a lot. I just thought that everything about it was really well done. One of the strongest points of this game is that appeals to people who aren't necessarily gamers. I convinced two of my friends (both who had never played an RPG in their lives) to give this game a try, and they absolutely loved it. All the aspects of the game are very well explained (except for building gummi ships, which was somewhat confusing) and the difficulty increases at a moderate pace, enough for the player to become comfortable with the game, but so difficult that they become discouraged. There is also enough variety that it doesn't get repetetive or boring (going out and thwacking monsters with a keyblade is also great for relieving stress :P ) I would recommend this game for any person just starting out. In fact, my one friend liked it so much that she went out and bought herself a PS2, and now she's playing through Chrono Cross, FF7 and FFX.