xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
wonbin

The Uefa Champions League

Also this year there is a UEFA Champions League.

Posted Image

My favorite team (PSV Eindhoven) is doing very well, and probably will reach the second round for the first time in 9 years.

How is your team doing? And who do you think will win this league?

I support Liverpool, and there is a very strong last 16, with probably Barcelona, AC Milan, Juventus and Chelsea favourites to win. But last year's Champions League and Euro 2004 have shown that anybody can win in a cup competition, especially now that it's straight knock-out. Should be cracking football all round, whatever happens.

Yeah, Liverpool is doing pretty well and right now it's even in the big final! I support this team because of... Won't you guess? ... OK - because the best goalkeeper from my nation is playing there! Yeah, I mean Jerzy Dudek. Liverpool is in final also thanks to him, don't you think? I mean his great saves - sometimes he saved the day for the team! I hope Liverpool will win... He should have a place in the CL next year... Well, everything is in the God's Hands... (No! I don't mean Maradona's meaninig of 'Hand of the God') Any of Polish teams haven't qualified... again! This just bugs me! Luckily, Wisla Krakow will start from the third phase of qualifing round and it will get an easier oponent! (Last year they had a REALLY bad luck! Their opponent was Real Madrid! They were brave in a first match, but they end up with two goals lost... And in Madrid they've lost 1-3... Sigh... Well, I hope Jerzy Dudek will be the first Polish player who will win the Champions League!

Well lets bring this topic back alive, this Season 2006-07 the main plot is like this, England have 3 teams in the next round; Man Utd (Wich Im a fan), Liverpool, And Chelsea, too bad that Alex denies Arsenal to be there too, Italy have 2; Roma who did a great match at France defeating 5 time champs Lyon, and Milan who was saved by a great goal from Kaká (The best player in the world in my humble opinion), Bayern, PSV and Valencia are also in this round.So what do you think would happen, could Liverpool could get the cup back after defeating defending champs Barcelona on away goals? or this could be the year for Super Chelsea and their multimilionare boss Abramovich?, maybe Valencia could be in their 3rd final and win it this time? or Man Utd wit the star C.Ronaldo would conquer Athens easy?share your opinion please...