xisto Community
taoist

Recommend Your Favourite Movie

Pulp Fiction by Quentin Tarantino !

This is one of the most amazing movies I have ever seen. The entire story is in the dialogues. The first time I saw it, I had a little trouble understanding the dialogues so I didn't like it. Later on, I downloaded the subtitles and watched the entire movie again and I must say... it's an absolutely amazing movie. Of course there is some amount of gore and blood in the movie but hey, this isn't the only movie with bloodshed. It's definitely not a movie to be watched with your family coz it contains a whole lot of abusive words. Nevertheless, it's a great film and I would highly recommend it.

The Butterfly Effect

Another amazing movie. In the starting, the plot isn't really understood and the viewer is left in the dark without any explanation. But as the story progresses, you understand what's happening. Starring Ashton Ketcher and Amy Smart, it's quite a serious movie but thoroughly enjoyable. Amy Smart is really cute in this movie. Highly recommended for Sci-Fi buffs.

My favourite one is X-men & Van Helsing .

Can u tell me yours?

1064282680[/snapback]

Hmm ... I'm not the world's biggest movie fan, but I have a few faves anyway.

In no particular order:

8 Mile

The Boon Dock Saints (it's the overwhelming Irish background in me, I think -hehe)

Most Quentin Tarantino films (including Kill Bill obviously)

Fried Green Tomatoes

Those are just a few of my favorites, of course.

"Top 5" movies; here they are:1. The Matrix2. Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King3. Terminator 2: Judgement Day4. Spiderman 25. SignsAnd there you are - probably the best movies of all time. If you have yet to see any of those movies, I suggest either watching any/all of them or, well, dropping dead - ;)!Man, there was one I couldn't think of... well, if I think of it, I can always change it.Power rocks.

Well I first tryed to narrow it done to top 5 but it ended up being top 10. There are just way too many great movies out there...These are in no particular order:Love ActuallyPulp FictionSupper TroopersThe Thomas Crown AffairEmpire RecordsEurotripDragonflyOcean's ElevenThe Bourne series (like both)Shrek (liked the first one better but 2 was good also)I could actually keep going all day with this list but I will stop here :huh:

I meant down not done, i guess thats why I should preview my post first :)

Well I first tryed to narrow it done to top 5 but it ended up being top 10. There are just way too many great movies out there...

These are in no particular order:

Love Actually

Pulp Fiction

Supper Troopers

The Thomas Crown Affair

Empire Records

Eurotrip

Dragonfly

Ocean's Eleven

The Bourne series (like both)

Shrek (liked the first one better but 2 was good also)

I could actually keep going all day with this list but I will stop here :huh:

1064332687[/snapback]

First Matrix for storyline and conceptSecond Matrix for action scenesFight ClubKung PowResident Evil (FIRST ONE, second sucks *bottom* considering it was supposed to be at least a little scary, like, well RESIDENT EVIL IS SUPPOSED TO BE!!!)

In no particular order:

Pulp Fiction

Jackie Brown

Boondock Saints

Clockwork Orange (actually anything by Kubrick)

Pool Hall Junkies, glad someone else has seen it

SLC Punk

The Anarchist Cookbook

1064286075[/snapback]

The first four titles on your list are in my personal favorite top 10. Now that I'm thinking about this ... I need to get a DVD player so I can watch Boon Dock Saints again. It's been a while.

My favorite one is Terminal perhaps. I love almost all movies with Tom Hanks. Also, the Original Sin, The LOTR, Cruel Intentions, Butterfly effect, Monster, the GreenMile...etc. I like watching movies that makes you cry, or the ones that awake great feeling in you. ohh...I forgot about Million Dollar Baby - one of the best movies I've ever seen.

Recently I've watched Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, and I really liked it. Tim Burton is great, I like his works(like Corpse Bride and the Big Fish - which is also great). And...of course I love the classics of cinematography, such as Devil's Advocate, The interview with the Vampire and The Godfather.

recommendationRecommend Your Favourite Movie

Top movies! Enjoy

The Shawshank Redemption

The Bourne Collection

The Negotiator

Terminator 2

Leon

Midnight Run

My Cousin Vinny

Shooter

Rambo Collection

Judgement Night

Jumper

The Rock

The Fugitive

Tremors

Hitman

Heat

-reply by Zola

What is your favourite movie?Recommend Your Favourite MovieWillie Wonka and the chocolate factory (old version), Mullholland Drive and Fudge 44