xisto Community
Mathieu_021

Javascript Do you use javascript in your page ?

Considering that I only make pages to impress my friends, I use it alot. In fact, sometimes it ends up being more important than the html side of it. I make little games and such (I once made a game where you have to answer math problems, and then you get to punch a picture of me in the face).But, if you're making an advertisement or informal web page, Javascript I use sparingly. You might use it to make something look special, like a moving car or something, but do not make one of those cursor trailers... those are strictly for 'fun' sites. I'd use it to create motion, which attracts attention.Sometimes it is also necessary to use it too, like if they check one checkbox, make it impossible for them to check another or something. I wouldn't use alerts too much, except when they click a button and need to be warned about something.So pretty much, use javascript if you want something to:1. be fun2. draw attention3. change things

Use javascripts to create space, like in a menu or a popup page, or use it to no right-click or for like games or something ...in fun sites you can go wild b/c it can add intrigue and interest, but i hate those trailing cursors they are so annoying ..use them sparingly.

I've used Javascript. It's quite easy to learn like HTML. Started with a few tutorials and then went to self-classes. It can make your site pretty attractive if used correctly. There are also lots of websites on the web which give out free javascript codes for your website.

Just out of curiousity, has anyone realised the codes at Javascript Source don't all work? ;)
Maybe someone could solve my problem?

Javascripts may response differently from one browser to another.For example, some javascripts work fine in IE but not in NS.If you want to use javascripts on your site, I would advise you to take the difference into consideration and write the javascripts to compromise the differences.