xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
honmore

Webmail On My Site How to setup mail on my site?

if i want any guest user to signup and check mails through my website, what should i do.lf i want to give away <user>@honmore.astahost.com mail id. I know I can manually add them using CPanel, but is there any automated way atleast for checking the mails if not for signing up.

There is most definitely a way, which I have used in the past. I'll try and get the script to you as soon as possible. As I have completely forgotten the code and how to do it. I'm quite sure there is a way though. I'll go and search for it now.

well, everyone.net offers a webmail thing where you basically change your MX entry to their server (MX entry is basically a thing which tells email servers where to route your email, in case you didn't know what it is). Then people can signup for accounts through your website, but the accounts are really stored on their servers. Unfortunately for me, since it has ads, they require a large North American audience on your site (they rejected my signup because most people visiting my site are Australian).. but if you are an American it would be OK.Another service is zzn.com. They give you yourname.zzn.com. Eg, you could get honmore.zzn.com and people can sign up for theirname@honmore.zzn.com. This is what I use for my website (http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ ), and you don't have to mess around with the MX settings (which is actually really easy, but anyway...)

there is this one from https://sourceforge.net/ and its called pinoymail or somesort, just look it up there.. I am planning to put this one on our site but my mail problem is that its a little too simple for a webmail. i need more features such as the commercial http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ or the one from Beer co that I forgot the name that looks like PhpBB

Why don't you look at Google apps for domains? I use it for my mail (all I had to do was point my MX entry there) and I get gmail-quality webmail @ethergeek.com with all the bells and whistles a google account offers, like superb spam filtering.

I have webmail, with free pop access, and outlook, I'm running my own server... How many users are you thinking about having?

I can help you with your mail issue, and anything else really. The thing is, you can get your own domain for like 5 bucks for a .Info.. Thats what I did. If you don't want to host it yourself have someone else do it. 

let me know if I can help tho..

-reply by Greg Chumney (Chumney.Info)