xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
rapco

Bad_pool_header Blue screen Win Xp stop

I have the same problem too!Bad_pool_header

This is the second time I've had to experience this. I thought I solved the problem when my dad's company's technician said that we needed to change our hd. So we did, but the problem popped up again and its sooo annoying already. I really need to fix this before 2010 starts. Anyways, I've tried disabling the Indexing service, I've reinstalled my HD and I've cleaned my registry and the problem is still there. I don't know what caused this because it was my brother who first saw the error message. Right now, I'm experiencing software crashes, some from one of the most stable softwares (in my experience and opinion), like Opera. And even my anti-virus is acting weird, I mean, its disabled and I can't enable it. God! This computer is a mess!

-question by kayne

Looking around here and other places, it seems to me that no one has an answer to the BAD_POOL_SECTOR problem.I just wonder if it could be a Hard Disck/Memory combination problem. Like a bad sector in the HD that ends up in memory.I have an image on my work laptop and now I have that problem. If they (at work) put a RAW image on my Hard Disk do not the bad sector flags get overwritten and lost? They have no clue.I mean if I run disk check and it marks bad sectors then someone comes with an image of a different computer and put it on mine, does not it then causes problems cause my bad sector flags will not match the bad sector flags of the original image, right?

Replying to iGuestThe BADPOOLHEADER error comes from when your router sends a packet to your computer and your tcpip.Sys driver cannot create the packet correctly so it corrupts and keeps flooding from the router. Pretty much, you need to update your tcpis.Sys driver by updating/repairing your .NET framework. This is a known issue from microsoft

-reply by ChristopherE