xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

Your Favorite Fighting Series

My favourite fighting series would have to be Tekken series and my favourite one in that would be Tekken 3. The fighters based on realistic fighting styles and the manouvres each player has makes the game much more interesting and in 4 when they introduced interactive maps it took it to a higher level than the mortal kombat series i feel. graphics and textures are second to none. And finally best of all the ending scenes exceptional art and design

My favorite fighting game series are Super Smash Bros. and Naruto: Gekitou Ninja Taisen, both on the Gamecube. SSBM is unique and its fun playing with friends. Plus you won't win by button smash in SSBM, you need skills. Naruto:GNT1 ain't so good because theres only 10 characters and basic gameplay modes, the fighting system is also pretty simple so it gets boring fast with the small content. Naruto:GNT4 is the latest and the best in the series so far. New stuff was added into the fighting system that made it more complex and the character roster went up to more than 35 characters. New gameplay modes were also added. It's a fun game especially for fans.

Smash brosThe characters are way more awesome to me, and it's a better party game. Bigger areas with great camera movement and ranged/melee combat with a great variety of items and big game events (pokemon for example).Favorite character is Fox, although I haven't really mastered him that much that I succeed in beating my younger brother with Luigi. Another great point is the soundtrack, with scores from Zelda, Starfox and Fire Emblem.Really looking foward to Smash Bros Brawl, Pit and Snake look awesome.

I'd have to say the tekken series. I've been playing them since the old versions on playstation 1.The characters are pretty cool, especially with the newer games and the special effects. Also the gameplay is great, it has alot of modes and unlockables. If you finish the game you can still play it without much loss of fun.Although i have to admit it does get boring after a while once you've unlocked everything. It also makes for a good party game. Get some friends together and you can have a great time.Overall i'd give the series about 8/10. Only downside is the replayability imo-HellFire

I would have to say that the best fighting series out there would have to be street fighter. A street fighter game never fails to entertain me whereever I go to play it. Its basically like a standard for fighting games. All other games seem to bite off its theme, for example RYU, many characters in many fighting games seem to be having resemblances to ryu whether it be the bandanna or the infamous hadoken fireball. There also seem to be games that try to imitate or be a evovled version of the shoryuken.So street fighter for me would have to be a good game no matter the situation.

NON Of above...Liked WWE raw Vs smackdown 2007 byr

What is your favorite fighting series? There are many to choose from including Mortal Kombat, Smash Bros., Virtual Fighters, Dead or Alive, Tekken, Street Fighter, etc.
I would have to say my favorite has always been Mortal Kombat. I love the over the top fatalities.

My favorite fighting serious thus far has to be street fighter. The gameplay factor and roster that street fighter has come up with has never got boring for me, and they always come to bring something new to the table although they did mess up on certain street fighter franchises such as the street fighter EX series. But all in all from the street figther alpha, street fighter II's, marvel vs capcom, capcom vs snk, and even the puzzle fighters. These have always delievered gameplay like no other fighting frachises out there. There are games such as Tekken, Dead or Alive, Virtue Fighter, and many others that you may have played and got bored of. But street fighter, when ever you turn on the game and play it it always seems refreshingly challenging, more so with friends. I have never gotten tired of the series, other games have gotten me weary, but the street fighter series in itself has gotten me through the distance with its gameplay factor. Till this day I still play street fighter with friends, which is kind of insane how a game that old can still be so much fun. While if you were to play games from other franchises it will only last a couple hours before you will get tired with its methods of gamplay. Something about street fighter keeps you hooked, like a drug that keeps you addicted till the very end of time. Now with the new release of street fighter 3 to enter our era. We might be looking at another series in the franchise that will impress fans like myself for another decade to come. Hopefully this upcoming sequel to is not like the EX series which totally flipped the script when it came to gameplay. Street fighter never was really able to successfully combine its gameplay style in a 3d enviroment, but I see more sucess if they just stuck to plain 2d. It offers everything a street fighter fan like myself would want. Having the 3d graphics will not keep me playing it, but the gameplay that they strive to push will definitely keep me around. Not much footage of the new street fighter have been released but in time I am hoping they will impress me to purchase its next title, because its been awhile since I played a really good fighting game like street fighter. All the other games seem to lack the gameplay that I was looking for in a fighting game, now with its upcoming release maybe I may and will find my fix.

I'd have to pick Mortal Kombat. I've played and own every single Mortal Kombat there is out there. Yes, the arcade ones too. I have a game room in the back of my house. I guess you could say I like the games for their gore and awesomeness. I'm into gory stuff. My favorite thing about Mortal Kombat would be the Fatalities. :P They are awesome, especially Smoke's bomb fatality. :(

Fighting series... I started it all with Street Fighter, and so I really loved playing Super Street Fighter 2 Champions Edition. I liked all of the fighters including the bosses. Then the arcades brought out Mortal Kombat, and I have played every one except for like whatever was after Deception... I have bought the latest and have over played it... Armageddon. So I started playing them on SNES, and my brother and I have played Trilogy like no other on the original Playstation.I have seen Smackdown vs Raw brought up and I really like those series, too... Even though it is more sport than fighting. And the previous post showed the TMNT banner... and I even played that fighting game on SNES... it was ok. But I liked the Turtles a lot back then and so it worked out just fine.I have only a limited amount of play on Tekken, and I do like it, but I haven't played it enough to be all crazy about it... but if I were to play it more, I would like it a lot.- skedad -

I guess i would say ut2004 which is kinda old but i don't know much more then soldat that i used to play on dialup now i'm on high speed i play it sometimes when i get board and have nothing else to do it's pretty fun with catch the flag and so on i've tried ut3 it kinda sucked and needed to much spec and my video card on mother board and it don't have much ram so i'll stick to it for a while till i can get a new one. :)

I fyou want a really unique fighting game, try King Of Fighters aka KOF.It's really the best game on the arcades. The console versions suck, but the arcade ones rule.It has some of the best combo's and characters i have seen in an 2D arcade fighting game.PS Don't play the Playstation 2 3D one, it sucks.

Haha, I don't know if any of you guys have ever heard of this, but back when I used to play Nintendo 64 I played a series called Destiny Figthter (there were only 2 games in the series). I loved the game becasue how key combinations there were, every character could perform about 100 different moves, and about 20 of them would be unique from all other characters. The game has some sweer characters, too, and a few different kind of gametypes, I wish a newer version of this game came out for the Xbox 360 (since the Wii has inferior graphics, and I don't like how its more of a virtual reality console than a video gaming platform). However, besides this series, at my friends house I played Tekken, and I enjoyed it as well. Then, on the Xbox 360 I played Fight Night (Round 3), and enjoyed whooping my friend in that, though all I did was button mash.