xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

Your Favorite Fighting Series

What is your favorite fighting series? There are many to choose from including Mortal Kombat, Smash Bros., Virtual Fighters, Dead or Alive, Tekken, Street Fighter, etc.I would have to say my favorite has always been Mortal Kombat. I love the over the top fatalities.

for gameplay, either the Tekken series, or Guilty gear X and XX. Smash brothers is fun at parties, which is what I think it was really meant for anyway. Dead or Alive is mainly just bouncy, as a game its only so-so. I haven't played the new mortal combats, but I didn't like the old ones(though the fatalities were, indeed, pretty nifty. But thats just a gimmick, it doesn't really make the rest of the game good).

I enjoyed the Dragonball Z Budokai Series. Mostly 3, simply because you can do stuff other than fight in it, but I'm a general anime fan with Naruto games and stuff. Tekken is great, along with certain Mortal Combats( Not all, though.) Virtual Fighter 4 for PS2 is pretty good too, though. I'm a Martial Artist myself, so anything along those lines interests me.

the original mortal kombat takes the cake for me. i mean, when i first got it for the genesis, we were the talk of the neighborhood. everyone wanted to come play it. then we played it, and were in awe of the gore and blood that was involved, which was pretty much unheard of in them days. over the years, each sequel has gotten better and has stayed true to the ones before it. i still have MK3 for my super nintendo. so MK takes the cake for me

I love the classic Mortal Kombat games. The first two, mainly. After that, when they had to go and make crappy movies of them and a cheesy third and fourth game, they just seemed to be exploiting the novelty of them instead of making innovative games. I have MK: Deadly Alliance and I like it for the most part, but I'd take good 'ol Mortal Kombat and MKII over it anyday.Other fighters I enjoy are the Samurai Showdown games by Neo-Geo. I love the characters, music, dialog and mood of those games, which are all barrowed from some of my favorite samurai films. I really liked the Darkstalker games as well; very fresh and lively.Over all though. I'd say that my favorite fighter right now is Soul Calibur II. I love everything about this game. The animation, environments, music, characters, game play and even that infamously corny announcer. The game just feels like a lot of love and effort went into it.

for gameplay, either the Tekken series, or Guilty gear X and XX.  Smash brothers is fun at parties, which is what I think it was really meant for anyway.  Dead or Alive is mainly just bouncy, as a game its only so-so.  I haven't played the new mortal combats, but I didn't like the old ones(though the fatalities were, indeed, pretty nifty.  But thats just a gimmick, it doesn't really make the rest of the game good).

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Smash Brothers? For some reason I have never found that game fun.

Smash Brothers isn't really a true tournament fighting game. I've played it and found it to be a little gimmicky. Don't get me wrong, it's a great multiplayer game for when you have friends over. I just don't think it qualifies as a true fight.Anyway, does anyone here remember Clayfighter? It was fighting game that was done entirely with stop-motion clay figures? It was definitely more on the novelty side rather than substance but It was funny as hell.There was that and another game called Primal Rage that I remember fondly on my old SNES. It was done with stop-motion dinosaurs, sort of like the old movies. They'd tear eachother apart while little humans on the ground would get stepped on and eaten... Good times.

i love tekken! street fighter the good old times! and naruto (on gamecube)! i just got back playing this game! its just brilliant. you can fight with all four players in the match. you can even take tree people on, but obviously you would die easy as one, two and three!street fighter reminds me of the good old times on the snes version. doing all these specials and stuff. too bad it didnt catch on in the 3d world... there was a animie version of the film, where you see chun li having a shower. the hollywood version, didnt like that at all! thought it was a load of sh**!! man i feel the embarisment for them!

the original mortal kombat takes the cake for me. i mean, when i first got it for the genesis, we were the talk of the neighborhood. everyone wanted to come play it. then we played it, and were in awe of the gore and blood that was involved, which was pretty much unheard of in them days. over the years, each sequel has gotten better and has stayed true to the ones before it. i still have MK3 for my super nintendo. so MK takes the cake for me

Guilty Gear! Probally the best there is out there. I like the game play, it's easy to pick up on, and the characters are the coolest. I mean, in GG:X you can play as a guy with a paperbag on his head! It is just an amazing series and I definatly recomend that you try it out.

I like the entire tekken series, from tekken 1 to 4. I am waiting for the release of tekken 5. I have heard of jinpachi, father of heihachi escaped the prison. I don't know Heihachi's father is still alive. Jinpachi is the original founder of Mishima Zaibatsu. Jin has been overtaken by the devil gene and he is very powerful. And I also saw that baek the master of hwoarang returned in the game. Also as mokujin. And roger got a son, roger jr. Hehehe. Jack is version 5. Bryan fury got an upgrade from doctor b. and there are three new characters. Well it will be released on ps2. I wonder why tekken was not released for xbox or gc.

My favorite fighting series has to be the Guilty Gear one. Guilty Gear X-2 is arguably the single greatest 2D fighting game ever made. Most notable of the series is though it is 2D and uses sprite graphics the sprites are amazingly detailed, maybe 2-3 times more so than a Street Fighter one. The series is also known beyond its graphics for its awsome soudtrack (I actually have my Gulty Gear X-2 soundtrack playing as I type) and sheer speed and intensity of the gameplay. I believe in Electronic Gaming Monthly when they reviewed Guilty Gear X2 #Reloaded one of them stated that "9/10 gamers probably couldn't play the game at full speed". They are all awsome games tos ay the least.At $20 retail for Guilty Gear X-2 #Reloaded the X-box rerelease of the PS2 Guilty Gear X-2 + Xbox Live support there is no reason not to at least try the game.As for 3D fighters I would have to say I am a fan Dead or Alive myself... or rather I am a fan of the Dead or Alive girls to say the least :D :D