xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
brouzine

Pink Floyd

Oooh, just listening to my echoes album now. Whats everybodys fave Floyd song, (as we have album) ?Just listening to 'see emily play' yaaaay!I don't know what my fave song is theres so many great ones.....I love 'wish you were here' Thats a great song. OMG so many arrrghhh!

I really Enjoy Pink Floyd.. Although they were high all the time.I mean they sing....basically....about drugs...Lol. But Their songs at least mean something to them. They are like...Completely old skewl and I love old skewl.Does anyone else listen to Pink Floyd on these forums?? ....Anyone?

Me me !!!! :D Pink Floyd is so good ..... My favourite album is Dark Side of the moon and Obscured by clouds. Yes Pink Floyd songs are about drugs sometime ( Confortably Numb if I understand well , I'm french-speaker ... ^_^ )Echoes is a good album too I think , but the Wall and Animals are better. I also listen to Emerson Lake and Palmer and Genesis , progresive rock group too.

Um... For the most part, Pink Floyd songs AREN'T about drugs. As an avid listener of Pink Floyd, I can tell you that very few PF songs are about drugs.

Yes, "Comfortably Numb" is partially about drugs. You have to take it in context. You see, "Comfortably Numb" is a song from PF's rock opera The Wall, released in 1979. The Wall deals with the troubles of life and is about the fictional rock star Pink Floyd who builds a wall around himself (not literally) so he doesn't have to deal with life's troubles. Eventually he resorts to drugs to keep himself sane, but during "Comfortably Numb" a doctor gets Pink ready for a show, and gives him drugs to keep him calm OR gives him medication to reverse the effect of any drugs Pink had been taking. It's not clear which is the case.

I'm glad you said that, because I was about to.....As for the question...I can't really say I have a favorite song. Wish You Were Here is really good, but then again, so is Comfortably Numb, Breathe, Time, Mother, Dark Side of the Moon..and the list goes on and on....suffice it to say that I LOVE PINK FLOYD....heheheheStephen.Oh yeah, and Dogs of War is a really freaking awesome song!!