xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
websaint

Which Layout Do You Like? I cant decide

Hi people!! I now have 2 different layouts of my site and I don't know which one to chose. Non of them are finished (it's really just the layout), but I need to decide which one I want to use so I need some help. Please give me some feedback and tell me what layout you like the most.
Go here to see my new layout
and go here to see my other one.
I only got one real domain that I'm paying for and I need to decide before continuing working with it. I can't have 2 sites about the same thing.
Please help..?? ^_^

Both design are good, but I think you new layout (red-head) is more appropriate about what you want to promote in your site.The old design is more like feminim (girly) design, I'd used that for a parfume promotion, a spring thing or maybe for e-cards.Well,good luckYou've done a great job!!

The new one is very good.I see that you have done some of your homework since my last visit :DStill, you should put in a DTD.The old design should be put to rest, no offence!I really liked the new one ^_^cheers

I think that you should use the blue layout, but change the colours a little, and remove the flowers. Also use a more professional looking font for the 'news' headers, the comic style font always looks a little 'my first webpage', if you know what I mean. Good work, though!

I like the colour scheme and layout for the new (red) one better. The only thing is I would include the news section from the old (blue) one (of course replaceing the blue shading in the background with red shading). Perhaps placing it in the top left (still below the heading of course) as that is where most people tend to look first.

Personally, I like the colors and general feel of the new red site better, but I like the easier nav of the old blue one. Perhaps you could try and find a happy medium? Maybe use a rollout or rollover effect from the top? Just a suggestion. Also, why not try giving the visitor their own preference? A little bit of PHP or JS for cookies, and CSS would work wonders. Allowing the user to pick their theme would keep everyone happy. ^_^

Red site:

It has a clean-cut, fast loading layout which is a good thing for 56k'ers. Also, the red and white go well together so that's another plus. Big font text is always a good thing 'cuz you don't want ppl squinting their eyes just to see what you're saying. Very well laid out design. Like it.

Overall: ****1/2 stars

Blue site:

More stuff going on here, but it's still fast loading. The two main shades of blue really don't go well together because the top pic sticks out like a sore thumb, but unless that's the purpose of the top pic then it works!! Other than that, I like the design too.

Overall: **** stars

The the pick is.....red site.... ^_^

Without a doubt, the red header. I think the design is more in tune with the product and services being offered. At first glance the blue site looked like something out of Peter Pan. It is a nice site no doubt, but in my opinion, the design doesn't match the content.Good Luck on your decision. ^_^

I like the blueish/girly ones layout better but the colors and design in the other is much better. I would propose a comprimise of the two. Take the layout of Web Saint and use the graphics of Site Polish.

I love the flash banner in the red layout, but the layout itself is a bit out of place for my liking, you should do it the same style as the blue layout but change the colors and place the flash banner on the top instead.