xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
mike1405241473

Making Links Se Friendly How to replace special characters (=,?)

Yes correct! These forums use a combination of php and mod_rewrite which produce the html endings instead of the messy hash/php endings on files. This is great because soon we will get indexed properly in search engines which will increase our SEO and rank.

Yes correct! These forums use a combination of php and mod_rewrite which produce the html endings instead of the messy hash/php endings on files. This is great because soon we will get indexed properly in search engines which will increase our SEO and rank.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks.

I've been using a modified release of phpnuke + win-apache in order to understand how the mod_rewrite works on my computer. I found pretty difficult to manage it; so my questions are 2:

1. is there any free content management php+mysql platform (easier to modify and even more important faster) you may suggest.

2. if I register a 3rd level domain, can I use the mod_rewrite to make links SE friendly? (I used the .htaccess file to do it, but maybe some changes in the apache scripts are needed)

The url mod used here is a further modifcation oft he friendly url mod found at invisionize, the problem with the original mod was that it didn't give exact html endings (whihc may be fixed now I havn't looked), so opaque andded a powerful regex function and it seemed to work.

I used to be interested in phpnuke and yes it is easy to modify. If you were not aware of this, their is a phpnuke mod that uses mod_rewrite to convert to html fixes, this mod can be found at http://nukecops.com/ (I think)

Yes you should be able to apply the same changes to a parked domain, but you must edit your root htaccess files with the modified (domain name) code.