xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
sky1405241473

Why Do More People Use Windows? And No, Not Because Its Better

When i updated my windows partiton from Win2K to XP, the modem stopped woring.th driver was digitally signed (the only driver i have that actually is signed).however, the system was constantly BSODING with a reference to the drivers .sys file.and what did the help function have to say... "Your modem is un-available because it is either unplugged, or not functioning correctly"USELESS !! and i had to look that up from an "error code 10"your right, the help function is useless.and as for the windows firewall...i set that up to block everything, but a remote port scan showed multiple open ports, like uPNP, RPC, and 8080.

you are correct sir, windows help might as well not exhist. The same could be said of 'help' in linux(this doesn't include man pages, because that isn't help so much as the manual)the only thing I have used that actually spent time on the help pages to the extent that they will help you solve just about anything is OS X. But then again thats what you pay your 130$ for.

i assume you are talking about the kde help when you say "help in linux"i cannot comment on that, ive never installed the kde help packages.however.. i would rather have a linux kernel dump, than an "error code 10" any day.anyways.... ALL BIAS asside.... mr tree frog, you seem to know alot about what you are talking about... so rather than start a new thread, and abouther OS flame war, id like to ask your unbiased opinion on OSX.my family pc seems to be dead... probably a motherboard fault, anyways, my family is far from computer literate, but they constantly complain about virii, worms, and popups.i have introduced them to linux, but they say the interface is too alien, they dont want to re-learn how to use a pc.do you think OSX would suit them ???to me, OSX looks even more alien than KDE, but i am a linux user.how do you think a windows only user would survive the mac world ???how good is the windows emulator ?my dad uses a travel manager / route planner program called "Travel manager GB"it does not work in wine. is it likely to work in VirtualPC ?and how much does virtualPC cost ?it doesnt work in wine because of an umimplemented "int 15" interupt (which im quite sure is a timer interupt) ive triped NOP'ing out the assembly instruvtion with no success.also, my sister plays games... does the sims, and the sims2 have a macOSX client ???

i like windows seems like an easier program then mac's operating systems. but i will create a new operating system in the year 2050, it will work by using neuron signals from the brain. it will be the best thing out there. so just wait until then. there is no need to buy any more computers until then. you will just be wasting your money. i love america!

i like windows seems like an easier program then mac's operating systems. but i will create a new operating system in the year 2050, it will work by using neuron signals from the brain. it will be the best thing out there. so just wait until then. there is no need to buy any more computers until then. you will just be wasting your money. i love america!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

naaaa that will never work.

i can never concentrate that well. just image handing in coursework, and half way through writing it your mind wantered a little, and the random sentence "i like big buts and i can-not lie... u other brothers cant deny, when a gurl walks in with an itty bitty waste, n round thing in ut face u get SPRUNG"

anyways, the next big thing will be quantum computers

do you think OSX would suit them ???to me, OSX looks even more alien than KDE, but i am a linux user.

how do you think a windows only user would survive the mac world ???

Mac OS X is very easy to use. It's not as (I don't mean this as offensive at all:) "nerd-oriented" as Linux and, I think, very user friendly.

how good is the windows emulator ?
my dad uses a travel manager / route planner program called "Travel manager GB"
it does not work in wine. is it likely to work in VirtualPC ?

I have never used Virtual PC, but I have heard that it is very good.

also, my sister plays games... does the sims, and the sims2 have a macOSX client ???

There is a Sims for the Mac. I don't think there is a Sims 2, yet, but it should be soon.

Good, in my opinion the people use but windows why not only that easy to learn that linux has to see also the publicity with regard to this matter and this once the market in order that he be faborable was  monopolized to bill gates