xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
yeojingkai

Questions Please clarify with me.

YES, we accept both domain (you own .com or other) and subdomain (yoursite.astahost.com) Hosting at Xisto. However we do not provide domains for free with the starter and default packages. Once you get your hosting you will be able to use the preinstalled scripts in cpanel to install your phpbb forums at the click of a button. Once you upgrade to the default packages (50 posts needed) you will be able to add subdomains to your domain or subdomain. You can host .html or any file on your website, no limits within reason of legality. You may ask for support with PHP in the programming forums.

Which means PHP scripting will not be in a tutorial of any kind in the cPanel? And the PHPBB forum will be set up at a click of a button and it would be easy to add new pages and stuff like that? Will there be anything on my site that can allow people to post their file onto my FTP address so they can share the files with others? I really need help on that. Thanks.

You could possibly use a small upload script to do this or by creating ftp accounts for your users (with limited access). The script may be found at http://www.phpfreaks.com/ and the creation fof ftp accounts can be done from your cpanel (when or if you get one)

We are ready to help in whatever way we can. That is our main objective. You create a website with us. You can post your difficulties and expect for answers. Most of the times, they willbe answered shortly. Xisto forums are quite active and you can always use the shoutbox to ask for help. As for the forum system, we provide quite a lot of choices. You can select any of the forums in the Fanstastico script thing, and install it within seconds. All you need to do it configure it. The uploading and configuration ( manual procedures ) are also easy and you can always get help regarding that too.